Tiger Moth biplanes will no longer be taking off from Ashbourne
The sight and sound of historic Tiger Moth biplanes making regular pleasure flights over Ashbourne could be a thing of the past, as the company which runs them has left Darley Moor Airfield.
Blue Eye Aviation, which was built up by Ashbourne-based pilot Will Flanagan over five years, was sold to new owners in the summer. But the firm has recently parted company with its base at Darley Moor, just a few months after the takeover.
The News Telegraph has tried to contact the new owners but the company's website has been taken down.
A recorded message on its telephone line says the flying school... read more
- 09:37 UK unemployment rises by 46,000
- 09:37 "Exploitative" online advert sparks outrage
- 09:37 Valentino Rossi makes worrying claim ahead of MotoGP opener: Yamaha...
- 09:36 Blaze at glass recycling plant in South Kirkby near Pontefract
- 09:36 Weather: 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' to freeze Yorkshire next week
- 09:36 Dundee United boss Csaba Laszlo insists they have not given up on...
- 09:36 St Johnstone striker Steven MacLean admits Celtic boss ‘hit nail on...
- 09:35 Karen Clifton posts first picture with Kevin in months amid ‘split’...
- 09:35 Cancer warning: NINE signs of bladder cancer that you should get...
- 09:35 Kevin the Carrot gets the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 09:35 Man hurt as car ends up in Doncaster ditch
- 09:35 Golf club in Burnley targeted by thieves
- 09:35 Plans for direct North Lincolnshire to London trains
- 09:35 Tax chaos for 900,000 savers as NS&I three-year pensioner bonds...
- 09:35 LIVE: Wednesday's Preston North End news - Aston Villa reaction and...
- 09:34 'Affordable' housing in Bilton: new meeting announced
- 09:34 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy
- 09:34 Chelsea star Eden Hazard talks Barcelona tactics and makes Lionel...
- 09:33 Junior doctor knocked over woman on Sunderland crossing
- 09:33 Troy: Fall of a City: Who was the Greek hero Agamemnon?
- 09:33 Back off! Hungary votes AGAINST Euro Commission as it tries to...
- 09:32 Meeting to make decision on proposals to reduce size of Lichfield...
- 09:32 Warwick primary school pupils get a helping hand planting spring bulbs
- 09:32 Weather: 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' to freeze Yorkshire next week
- 09:31 Netanyahu aide agrees to implicate PM over corruption claims – reports
- 09:31 Lake District zip-wire plans abandoned after protests
- 09:31 Pound to euro exchange rate: Brexit report drives sterling higher
- 09:31 Breaking: Fire crews in attendance at Mablethorpe house fire
- 09:30 Doncaster octogenarian’s royal appointment in recognition of...
- 09:30 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy