Thumbs up from neuroblastoma-fighting Daniel Rainbow as his loved ones look to the future
He faced the fight of his life when cancer ravaged his tiny body.
But Daniel Rainbow and his family have reason to be optimistic after being told the youngster is in remission.
Daniel, of Stanley, County Durham, was just two years old when he was diagnosed with high-risk neuroblastoma, a cancerous tumour that arises in the nervous system.
The deadly disease spread to his bone marrow, liver, chest and hip, pelvis and knee.
Now aged five, he’s had two major operations and a number of treatments at the Great North Children’s Hospital based at the Royal Victoria Infirmary.
And doctors have told... read more
- 14:24 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:23 In Pictures: 11 ancient items the Vikings left in Scotland
- 14:22 Here's when Leeds' new The Ivy restaurant will open
- 14:22 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:21 Ozzy Osbourne: ‘My problem, really, is I don’t remember I’m 70’...
- 14:20 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:20 Uganda bus crash kills at least 22, including children
- 14:19 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:18 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:18 Activist groups protest new NFL policy banning players from kneeling
- 14:11 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:10 BREAKING NEWS: Murder inquiry launched after death of teenager in...
- 14:10 VIDEO: River Avon being searched at Stratford town centre for...
- 14:08 Store set for spot on BBC TV series
- 14:05 5 ways diabetes can make you feel alone
- 14:03 French Open preview: Is it finally Simona Halep’s time or will the...
- 14:03 How Philip Roth wrote America
- 14:03 May playing 'hide and seek' in Brexit talks, Barnier says
- 14:01 Someone’s made dripping brows a thing
- 14:01 North and South Korean leaders meet again to discuss Kim Jong Un’s...
- 13:59 Man Utd transfer news: Bookies reckon Fred arrival is done deal as...
- 13:59 Biggest Weekend: Ash welcome abortion vote
- 13:59 Clive James: how did the BBC’s War And Peace measure up?
- 13:57 Nursery bans three-year-old girl from wearing her favourite...
- 13:56 Met Office issues thunderstorm flood warning for Bank Holiday Monday
- 13:56 'I did not assault women': Morgan Freeman responds to allegations
- 13:51 Liverpool Transfer News: The deals to be done after tonight's...
- 13:51 Mum-of-three dies from bleed on the brain after doctors dismissed...
- 13:51 The Nidderdale Voices column featuring Mel Welch
- 13:48 Huge exhibition of photos