'Thriller writer Rod Temperton showed me his first snare drum which was kept under the stairs'
TRIBUTES have poured in to the Cleethorpes man who wrote Michael Jackson's Thriller.
Rod Temperton, who also collaborated with the likes of Aretha Franklin and Quincy Jones, passed away at the age of 66 after a battle with cancer, as reported at www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk yesterday.
Tributes from music fans and artists poured in for the former De Aston School pupil, who also wrote Jackson's Off The Wall and Rock With Me.
After the news broke, singer and DJ Boy George said: "Sad to hear about the passing of Rod Temperton, a great British songwriter who gave us so much great music.... read more
- 08:16 Lukas Podolski: This is why Arsene Wenger is irreplaceable
- 08:15 Water may flow from Buxton well once again
- 08:14 'Terrorist attack' leaves Notts MPs in Parliament lock-down
- 08:14 Where can I buy a Red Nose for Comic Relief 2017? Shops stocking...
- 08:14 Made In Chelsea’s Toff posts extraordinary live tweets from inside...
- 08:14 Seven arrested in police raids after Westminster atrocity
- 08:14 Stephen Belafonte in public meltdown at LA restaurant over divorce...
- 08:13 Bed company launches competition to find the messiest bedroom in...
- 08:13 N’Golo Kante heaps praise on ‘exceptional’ Kylian Mbappe
- 08:13 SNEAK PEEK: What’s inside this week’s Ripley and Heanor News?
- 08:13 Ideas for how to treat mum this Mother’s Day in Derbyshire
- 08:13 Fire at restaurant closes main road through Alfreton
- 08:13 Derbyshire drugs gang jailed for more than 17 years
- 08:13 Owner of dog that bit jogger denies it was dangerously out of control
- 08:13 Firefighters tackle ‘large’ building blaze
- 08:13 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 08:12 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features - March 23
- 08:12 In-store sales at Next PLC are down with more tough times ahead
- 08:10 BEFORE THE BENCH: Cases due to be heard at magistrates' court in...
- 08:10 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features - March 23
- 08:09 3,000 employees at steelworks to be offered chance to extend...
- 08:09 Sheffield Telegraph Health: ‘I cried my heart out so intensely - my...
- 08:09 War hero's medals to go under hammer
- 08:09 Paddy Madden brings up a half century of goals for Scunthorpe in...
- 08:09 It will be extremely difficult for Scunthorpe to get automatic...
- 08:09 New principal to take the reins at technical college
- 08:08 Cumbria MPs recall moment of terror as attacker struck in Westminster
- 08:09 More than THREE child sex offences in Humberside force area EVERY day
- 08:08 Barrow man feared losing his job, inquest hears
- 08:09 Huge £4.8m rates boost for Scunthorpe steelworks