Three year project to share South Pennines heritage
0 Have your say A new three year project to celebrate the woodland in the South Pennines was launched this month.
The Woodland Heritage Project, which is funded by the Heritage Lottery, is aiming to improve the knowledge relating to the heritage of ancient woodland in and around Todmorden and Hebden Bridge.
The hope is that the special places in the area can be fully appreciated and carefully conserved from a cultural as well as environmental point of view.
Following the launch of the project there will be a number of ways local residents can get involved.
There will be Day School in Hebden... read more
- 07:42 The next hot trend is blending your makeup with your boyfriend’s balls
- 07:42 Emmerdale spoilers: Brave Rhona Goskirk reports her rape ordeal to...
- 07:42 Get behind and sponsor the first ever Cleethorpes super cycling event
- 07:42 Keyboard warrior with grudge against Muslims bombarded health...
- 07:41 Woman jailed for crashing into pensioner’s car while sending...
- 07:39 Transfer News: Chelsea double swoop, Arsenal and Liverpool message,...
- 07:39 Speeders beware- stricter driving laws come into force today
- 07:38 Riders cover the miles in aid of four key Cumbrian charities
- 07:38 Puma reports strong sales in Americas and Europe
- 07:38 United, Hartlepool can stay up, says chairman Gary Coxall
- 07:38 Chelsea star Eden Hazard makes contract revelation amid Real Madrid...
- 07:37 Zlatan Ibrahimovic accepts Manchester United career 'is over'
- 07:36 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:36 Slow moving traffic is causing problems for motorists in Burton and...
- 07:35 Lincolnshire 'will see more flooding' unless money is invested in...
- 07:35 Young soldier faces losing job after wielding bread knife in Lincoln
- 07:34 Armed police arrest four men in Rhyl 'incident'
- 07:33 College dance student gets dream job as Tinkerbell at Disneyland Paris
- 07:33 We need to be more ruthless in front of goal says Scunthorpe...
- 07:33 Scunthorpe are in a great place mentally says Graham Alexander
- 07:33 Tin Tommy war memorial is saluted as it finds a permanent home
- 07:33 Pacers gearing up to help runners around North Lincolnshire Half...
- 07:33 Drunken troublemaker glassed stranger in violent attack at...
- 07:33 Sheffield's first cat café is looking for new staff - including CAT...
- 07:33 Sheffield United: Ched Evans says goodbye as he nears a sensational...
- 07:32 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 07:31 Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez becomes Bayern Munich’s top transfer target
- 07:29 BBC weather: Carol Kirkwood strips off to low-cut dress after...
- 07:28 Men sought for campsite thefts
- 07:28 VIDEO: Sheffield shocked as quick "snow blizzard" hits city last night