Three cups of coffee a day keeps the doctor away
0 Have your say Women over 65 who drink two or three cups of coffee a day reduce their risk of dementia by more than a third, according to new research.
The study suggests - for women at least - caffeine could be an ally in warding off the debilitating effects of dementia.
The findings among a group of older women showed self-reported caffeine consumption of more than 261 mg per day was associated with a 36 per cent reduction in the risk of dementia over 10 years of follow-up.
The researchers said the level of caffeine consumption is equivalent to two to three 8-oz cups of coffee per day,... read more
- 13:00 Exposed files on Microsoft's document-sharing site
- 12:59 Neymar again calls for Barcelona to sign Liverpool star Philippe...
- 12:59 ‘Overworked’ Dumfries High teacher falsified pupils’ results
- 12:59 Coca-Cola probe launched after human waste found in drinks cans
- 12:58 Is this the best job on the planet? Blogger will be paid £24k to...
- 12:58 Roaming wild in the radiation zone: Endangered species are THRIVING...
- 12:58 And you thought YOU were tired! Hilarious photos capture people...
- 12:58 Attacks on Nigerian students shock India
- 12:57 Is Cheryl planning on swapping music for the lucrative mummy market?
- 12:57 Turkey warns Europe not to meddle in referendum, "mind its own...
- 12:57 EU urges Hungary to ensure migrant holding camps comply with asylum...
- 12:57 Coutinho ready for 'intense' Merseyside derby clash
- 12:57 GBP Latest: Euro fails to gain on pound ahead of Scottish...
- 12:56 Girl suffers fractures and bruising following assault
- 12:56 6 Music Festival reviews: The Shins/Grandaddy and Bonobo/Songhoy Blues
- 12:56 Kenilworth run riot in eight-try Wanderers victory
- 12:55 '239 redundancies at Danwood Lincoln after takeover'
- 12:55 Fundraising boost for Birmingham Big Art Project
- 12:55 99p Stores placed into administration
- 12:55 Major resort road to close from 7pm-6am starting from TONIGHT
- 12:54 The boy who spends his life under blue lights to keep him alive:...
- 12:54 Sir Andy Murray out of Great Britain’s Davis Cup tie with France
- 12:54 MPs criticise bat attack abuse sentence
- 12:54 Was Bake-Off really good for Brexit?
- 12:54 Search for missing mum and 10-week-old baby widens to Cheshire
- 12:54 How pupils at a South Tyneside school are making maths lessons rock
- 12:53 Burgham Trials hit by ground conditions
- 12:51 Arsenal 'need more Alexis Sanchez-type of players', says Sol...
- 12:51 Nottinghamshire captain Chris Read announces his retirement: 'All...
- 12:51 Mesut Ozil's future at Arsenal may depend on Arsene Wenger staying,...