Thousands of Wonga customers double-charged - could you be entitled to compensation?
Thousands of customers were double-charged by payday lender Wonga on Friday, it has been revealed.
Some were unable to pay their bills on the final day of the month, it has emerged, after customers were severely affected by what the firm is calling "an internal system error".
Extra payments were taken from bank accounts, but Wonga has promised that any extra costs and charges incurred by customers, including Birmingham residents, will be refunded.
An estimated 7,000 customers have been affected, and the company says it may take a few working days to refund money into customers'... read more
- 10:25 Supreme Court to hear Northern Ireland abortion case
- 10:25 Greenwood friends learn how to identify fungi
- 10:24 Doors close at one of Fylde coast's estate agents
- 10:24 Prince Harry applauds staff at Veterans UK on his visit to the Fylde
- 10:23 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:23 Sheffield United fans due in court over violence
- 10:22 Has your Freeview service been affected by new 4G masts? Help is...
- 10:21 Singapore Airlines signs $13.8bn Boeing deal
- 10:21 Blackpool: From the courts 23-10-17
- 10:20 Fauld Crater poem written by Stretton man included in Staffordshire...
- 10:20 Free outdoor ice skating rink coming to Kenilworth this Christmas
- 10:19 Russia to test its Satan 2 ballistic missile that could 'beat any...
- 10:19 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:19 Toys R Us half price sale - how you can save a small fortune on...
- 10:19 Young Derby County midfielder recognised for his progress on and...
- 10:18 Manuscript telling story of 17th century Yorkshire witchcraft trial...
- 10:18 Ex-Manchester United duo heading for showdown in battle for...
- 10:18 Sheffield MP 'quits' committee role following 'Girls Aloud orgy'...
- 10:18 How many cigarette breaks can you legally take at work?
- 10:17 4,000 sign "Stop Killing Birmingham Cyclists" petition after death...
- 10:17 Elderly woman seriously injured in Smethwick house blaze
- 10:16 Prince Harry applauds staff at Veterans UK on his visit to the Fylde
- 10:15 Two North Wales policemen sacked after one turned up drunk and...
- 10:15 Cromford canal tripboat scoops certificate of excellence
- 10:14 Dundee United manager hunt yet to gather momentum
- 10:14 North Korea may use ALGAE to fight against brutal sanctions as...
- 10:14 Initiative to stand together against queer and trans gender...
- 10:13 Young racers on track for high speed fun
- 10:13 Fire crews urged to reject new anti-terror scheme
- 10:12 Amir Khan calls out Mayweather: A Mayweather-Khan fight would be...