Thousands of patients could be forced to find a new doctor after GP services put in doubt
Thousands of patients could be forced to find a new doctor after a consultation launched into the future of a Newcastle GP practice.
Health bosses are deciding whether to keep or close family doctor services at the Ponteland Road Health Centre as the current contract comes to an end.
It means more than 3,100 parents in Cowgate, Blakelaw and Kenton are facing an uncertain future.
The move only concerns the GP practice at the site - the walk-in centre will not be affected.
The Newcastle Gateshead Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) various contract extensions have been but in place and a... read more
- 08:58 Body found in search for missing student who left club wearing just...
- 08:58 Stage set for another Brexit showdown with Tories threatening to rebel
- 08:57 EU ARMY: Eurocrat hails 'HISTORIC' treaty - but calls for EVEN...
- 08:57 Desperate Angela Merkel SLAMMED for snubbing Bundestag ahead of EU...
- 08:57 Premier League: Burnley move into the top four after win against Stoke
- 08:57 Rio Ferdiand tells Arsenal and Liverpool fans to quit social media...
- 08:56 Police hunt beanie-wearing flasher in South Cumbria
- 08:55 Are you in these Doncaster school photos from 1952?
- 08:53 Uber to be banned in York due to ‘safety and security’ problems
- 08:53 How Celtic are still making money from last season's Champion League
- 08:52 Chelsea have £22m Leon Bailey move turned down by Bayer Leverkusen
- 08:52 Antonio Conte in X-rated rant about Chelsea’s title hopes after...
- 08:52 Man Utd stars Ibrahimovic, De Gea, Mata and co meet at hotel night...
- 08:52 Robber stunned as jail sentence is doubled by senior judges
- 08:51 Donington on Bain choir spreads Christmas cheer in Louth
- 08:51 Tragedy after animals perish in Louth pet shop flooding
- 08:50 Warwick Lions Club and volunteers create food parcels for those in...
- 08:49 Delays on A19 expected after three-vehicle crash
- 08:49 Fears of four-hour delays on roads over Christmas
- 08:49 Croston rings with festive cheer
- 08:49 Winter wonderland fair at Duxbury Park in Chorley hampered by snow
- 08:49 Lytham Road crash was 'hit and run', police say
- 08:48 More Man Utd signings not the solution despite better recruitment...
- 08:48 Cristiano Ronaldo demands Real Madrid secure deal for PSG forward -...
- 08:47 Derbyshire Police rated as ‘good’ by inspectors
- 08:45 Derbyshire Police rated as ‘good’ by inspectors
- 08:44 Latest: Crash closes A66 at Keswick
- 08:44 A chic but cheap new arrival to the Paris hotel scene is drawing...
- 08:44 Diver pulls off terrifying waterfall plunge inside Grand Canyon -...
- 08:44 Christmas advert rankings REVEALED and you won’t believe what came...