Thousands of families set to lose weekly bin collections
Above: Cars queue at Birmingham's Tyseley tip
Thousands of families face losing their weekly bin collections as cash-strapped council bosses look to make cuts of almost £14 million.
Officials in Wolverhampton are consulting on moves to introduce fortnightly pick-ups from next April in the face of “massive” Government funding reductions.
Walsall Council has just made the same controversial switch as the authority aims to save nearly £1 million.
Read More Birmingham binmen threatened with samurai sword as physical attacks double in three years
Wolverhampton – which proposes to increase... read more
- 13:53 Which Lincolnshire train company is worst for complaints?
- 13:52 Scottish NHS failing to keep up with rising demand, says watchdog
- 13:52 Pope Francis accepts church leaders' invitation to visit South Sudan
- 13:52 Nissan investment shows Brexit can work - but what did we offer in...
- 13:51 Gnashing of teeth
- 13:51 What do the latest GDP data say about the post-Brexit economy?
- 13:51 Liverpool star Loris Karius takes swipe at Man Utd and City over...
- 13:51 Night-time alerts 'target impulse buys'
- 13:51 Feed your foodie in holiday heaven
- 13:51 Invasion of alien ladybirds riddled with STDs that could kill off...
- 13:51 Hamburg gang rape teenagers' suspended sentences spark anger
- 13:49 Scottish pensioner, 92, who’s taking on Donald Trump
- 13:47 English petition to kick Scotland out of UK hijacked by Scots
- 13:47 Two in court on alleged burglary and wounding rap
- 13:46 Bid to stop thieves targeting paving flags
- 13:46 Stags players present pupils with awards
- 13:46 Schoolgirl carer, 11, is 'amazing', says mum
- 13:46 Who's in I'm a Celebrity 2016? Line-up rumours include Sam...
- 13:45 Boss believes Toyota will not pull plug on Derbyshire factory...
- 13:45 New £130k science lab to open next month
- 13:45 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 13:45 Labour to investigate claims of anti-Semitism and entryism within...
- 13:44 North East Poppy Appeal is launched with a call to rethink remembrance
- 13:43 Black Cat Day: Adopt brothers Benedict and Basil who are in need of...
- 13:43 Hurst street stabbing: Boss says area is safe after pair injured...
- 13:42 Cancers survivors are TWICE as likely to be on antidepressants due...
- 13:42 Strong UK GDP data prompts global bond sell off on frets over...
- 13:42 Take a look at me now! Woman who had a FACE transplant after she...
- 13:42 King’s Cliffe author Nick has short story included in Twisted...
- 13:41 Chester King's School team to compete in world engineering finals