Thousands of Belgian workers march against planned labour law changes
Tens of thousands of Belgian workers marched through Brussels on Thursday to mark the second anniversary of a centre-right government that plans to extend the working week and abandon a scheduled wage increase.
The protest, the fourth against the government in two years, saw workers dressed in the green or red of respective unions march across the city centre from north to south.
Police said the turnout was 45,000 and unions put the figure at 70,000. The march closed some of Brussels' main roads.
"The aim of today is to make... the government stop targeting workers and start targeting... read more
- 15:09 Exclusive Sean Gregan PNE column
- 15:09 Grayson’s joy at statement win against leaders
- 15:09 ‘UKIP has achieved its purpose’ - councillor leaves party to join...
- 15:08 Coventry City transfers: Former £3.5m QPR capture joins Cardiff...
- 15:08 Our new life in the sun - Coventry couples who moved to France...
- 15:08 Homeless people living in one of London's richest boroughs will NOT...
- 15:06 Frances Bishop on life after The Apprentice
- 15:05 New outdoor gym opens in Mawsley
- 15:05 Thief grabs £40 from man’s wallet in Corby
- 15:05 Mums will fall ill 324 times during their children’s younger years
- 15:04 Breaking news: Shock resignation of Selston Parish councillors...
- 15:04 Former football coach Barry Bennell pleads not guilty to sexual...
- 15:04 Mums will fall ill 324 times during their children’s younger years
- 15:03 50 best-selling video games of 2016 revealed
- 15:03 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 15:03 MP welcomes £2.5m fund to repair potholes in Skegness area
- 15:02 Mums will fall ill 324 times during their children’s younger years
- 15:01 Why cuts to IVF could deny thousands the chance of a family
- 15:01 Ricky Gervais tweeted THIS about Hull - and got quite the backlash...
- 15:00 What is the secret to the perfect winter’s day at home?
- 15:00 Leicester road cordoned off by police after suspected hit and run
- 15:00 In 2022 we’ll be able to watch an 1,800-year old star collision
- 14:59 Little demand for GPs to open on Sundays in Grimsby area
- 14:59 Opening date revealed for new Domino's in Cleethorpes which will...
- 14:59 Closing down sale at Yeomans
- 14:58 Why cuts to IVF could deny thousands the chance of a family
- 14:58 Valtteri Bottas joins Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes, Felipe Massa...
- 14:58 Watch as newly opened sports arena in Czech city collapses as...
- 14:58 Alexis Sanchez provides big update on his Arsenal future
- 14:58 Road closed following serious collision on A46 near Stratford