Thousands mourn Kurds killed in Paris
Tens of thousands of Kurds poured on to the streets of the Turkish city of Diyarbakir yesterday for the funeral of three activists killed in Paris.
The women, including a co-founder of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), died last week in execution-style shootings that many saw as an attempt to derail a nascent peace process between Ankara and the guerrillas after three decades of conflict. Hopes of an end to the war have grown in recent weeks after the government acknowledged it was talking to jailed PKK leader Abdullah Ocalan.
Diyarbakir’s Baglar district, a PKK stronghold, drew... read more
- 07:54 Woman attacked by fox that sneaked into her bed as she slept
- 07:54 Barcelona transfer news: Lionel Messi demands six signings -...
- 07:54 Minibus carrying 16 passengers crashes into garden on A1028 in Ulceby
- 07:53 First look inside new trampoline park opening in Skegness next month
- 07:50 RISE AND SHINE: Weather, travel and fun features to kick-start your...
- 07:50 Jacinda Ardern baby: New Zealand prime minister gives birth to a girl
- 07:50 Love Island: Adam sparks warning from charity Women's Aid
- 07:49 Ruben Loftus-Cheek threatens to quit Chelsea for first-team football
- 07:49 Roy Keane regrets not ripping Carlos Queiroz’s head off during...
- 07:49 Hartshead secure third win after successful run chase
- 07:49 Haynes bowls Birstall to sixth victory as promotion challenge...
- 07:48 Wolves transfer special: Why this is gearing up to be the most...
- 07:46 Football transfer rumours: Liverpool eye up Lascelles and Tarkowski?
- 07:46 Nick Phipps and Lukhan Tui in for Australia's decider with Ireland
- 07:46 Investigation launched into huge fire
- 07:44 New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern gives birth to baby girl
- 07:44 MotoGP news: Valentino Rossi strategy to beat Marc Marquez revealed...
- 07:44 Shock deal for Arsenal midfielder looks nailed on bookies claim
- 07:42 Scots urged to turn to tap to arrest plastic bottle scourge
- 07:42 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery
- 07:41 Call for upskirting bill to include 'deepfake' pornography ban
- 07:41 Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- 07:41 Minibus carrying 16 passengers crashes into garden on A1028 in Ulceby
- 07:40 Day four of Burton Bridge roadworks gets under way - live updates
- 07:39 Vulnerable pupils abandoned by schools, head of Ofsted warns
- 07:38 Thieves steal from person's mobility scooter while parked in...
- 07:38 100th birthday celebration for Washington dairy queen Elsie
- 07:36 Patriotic Hartlepool DJ flying the flag for England in the World Cup
- 07:35 BAE Systems wins £150 million tank contract with US Marine Corps
- 07:34 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery