Thousands in public cash spent to fail to stop travellers grazing horses illegally and for free
Council officers have failed to stop travellers using public land for grazing horses claiming they cannot identify the owners, while taxpayers have had to pay out for fences and new locks.
More than 20 horses have grazed on the site of the Middlefield School in Gainsborough since it closed in 2010 and they continue to occupy the land.
The local authority says the horses are owned by travellers and graze illegally. They insist that they change the locks on the site but they cannot find out who the owners are.
READ MORE: Travellers accused of repeatedly breaking into site to illegally graze... read more
- 16:14 Conor McGregor is taking a 10 month break from the UFC and WILL...
- 16:13 Can you help lonely with festive spirit?
- 16:12 Angry scenes after woman was punched over a seat on the TUBE
- 16:12 EU takes legal action against Germany, UK over VW scandal
- 16:11 The hidden dangers of Christmas Day everyone should know about
- 16:10 Anthony Joshua mocks Dereck Chisora's WWE-style behavior after he...
- 16:10 Barcelona president confirms Luis Suarez will be offered a new deal...
- 16:10 Everton boss Ronald Koeman admits club's need to strengthen in...
- 16:09 Police stress Operation Yeehaw sends "clear message" to Harrogate...
- 16:09 Sanchez to Chelsea? How the Arsenal star is already outperforming...
- 16:08 Pervert caught after asking ‘girl’, 13, to put hands in his boxers
- 16:08 Antonio Conte: I am really excited by this opportunity at Chelsea
- 16:08 Here’s what to do if you suspect someone is suffering from loneliness
- 16:08 Arsenal legend: This how Stoke will cause Gunners problems on Saturday
- 16:07 SPCA officers killed snake mistaken for green mamba in freezer
- 16:07 Cumbria police charge two with manslaughter
- 16:07 Power station plan could be 'damaging' to Lake District National...
- 16:07 Battle against junk food- will banning ads really work?
- 16:07 Barrow school gets community into the Christmas spirit
- 16:07 UK power capacity auction for 2020/21 clears in 20-25 pounds...
- 16:06 School lends a hand to Fr Christmas
- 16:05 The Great British Gin Take Off: Record-breaking year sees Britons...
- 16:05 Yields rise as ECB trims bond purchases; Wall Street steady
- 16:05 Manchester United's European tour: The Red Devils visit their 98th...
- 16:04 Nate Diaz: If Conor McGregor is taking 10 months off, so am I!
- 16:04 Union leader Mark Serwotka's heart transplant 'a success'
- 16:04 BREAKING NEWS: Toy shop arsonist, 15, sent to detention for 30 months
- 16:03 Why having high levels of a 'harmless' bacteria in your uterus...
- 16:03 Revealed: Time frame for demolition of Hull's former Western...
- 16:03 Driver's lucky escape after car overturns in Calvert Road, Hull