Thomas Cook bring back direct flights from East Midlands Airport to Egypt
Holidaymakers looking to jet off from East Midlands Airport this year can now add Egypt to their must-see list of destinations.
Thomas Cook Airlines is set to launch a direct service to Hurghada, a beach resort town which stretches for 25 miles along the Red Sea coast.
There have been no direct flights from the Castle Donington airport to Egypt since April 2016.
In November 2015, the Foreign Office banned UK airlines from flying to the popular holiday resort of Sharm el Sheikh after 224 passengers and crew were killed in a bomb attack on a plane which had been placed on board at the town's... read more
- 14:55 Man spared jail after beating dog with axe
- 14:55 M42 lanes closed near Birmingham Airport after lorry breaks down
- 14:54 Burnley park to host Bank Holiday family fun weekend
- 14:53 Manchester United willing to sell Anthony Martial but won’t allow...
- 14:53 St Helens remembers those killed in Manchester Arena attack
- 14:52 West Ham landing Manuel Pellegrini has the look of a managerial coup
- 14:51 Hat's the way to do it! Staff put their heads together for brain...
- 14:51 Mayor set to take control of the cops under next phase of...
- 14:51 Judges wowed by standard of acts entering Ripon's Got Talent
- 14:49 Why is there a Buckingham Palace garden party for Prince Charles’...
- 14:49 Police hunt Burnley town centre bike thief
- 14:49 Music in memory of baby son who was smiling right until the end
- 14:48 Council's cheap loan scheme will put Mansfield tenants on property...
- 14:47 Nine die as Tuticorin sterlite copper protest turns violent
- 14:46 Wife lied that baby had died to stop Army Sgt husband finding out...
- 14:46 Halfords sees clear road ahead after sales rise but sterling loss...
- 14:45 This is why former Defence Secretary Michael Portillo was filming...
- 14:45 Despite the anti-climax, a historic season for Scotland’s pro teams
- 14:44 Man who led MH370 flight search slams book claiming pilot...
- 14:44 New signed artwork by Bob Dylan goes on display at Lakes gallery
- 14:43 Focus on Gleadless Valley: What's happening?
- 14:43 Focus on Gleadless Valley: The heart of the community
- 14:43 New signed artwork by Bob Dylan goes on display at Lakes gallery
- 14:43 Focus on Gleadless Valley: What's the plan?
- 14:43 RNLI issues 'float' advice - as figures reveal number of deaths off...
- 14:42 Ken Livingstone caused distress to Jewish community in Leeds, says...
- 14:42 Roll-up to this year’s Melton Show and Festival in town’s Play Close
- 14:41 Tamworth FC: Fowler joined by Harris and Green in new set-up
- 14:41 Knife bin for surrendering weapons coming 'as soon as possible' to...
- 14:41 Brave Wigan man ran into the Manchester Arena to aid bombing victims