This week in Coventry City history: Steve Mokone's pioneering achievement and Newcastle United are routed at Highfield Road
In a new weekly feature, the Coventry Telegraph will dip into the archives and bring you key moments from this week in Coventry City FC history.
We will take a look at occasions and moments which have helped shape the Sky Blues, from memorable matches to signings, as well as birthdays and anniversaries.
This week, we take a look at October 10 to October 16.
October 10, 1964 - New scoreboard On this day, Coventry City gave their new electronic scoreboard its first display during a victory as the Sky Blues beat Swindon Town 3-2 at Highfield Road.
The scoreboard had overseen three matches... read more
- 09:42 Katie Price claims she’s received texts from Chris Hughes’ friend...
- 09:41 Radio industry stalwarts and pop groups at Leeds awards ceremony
- 09:40 Wold Top’s rural project award
- 09:40 Revealed: How utility firm blunder led to flooding of North...
- 09:40 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:40 Council to decide how to demolish the Futurist
- 09:38 Mum forced boy, 11, into sex on camera before sick footage was sold...
- 09:37 What is the net worth of prospective Newcastle owner Amanda Staveley?
- 09:37 Dracula flies into Chorley
- 09:37 Tributes as ex-Doncaster Rovers fans' director and former Donny Dog...
- 09:37 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:37 Tribute paid to former teacher killed in crash
- 09:37 Making a big difference to streets
- 09:36 Pick your team for Burton Albion's trip to Nottingham Forest
- 09:36 'Serious incidents' hit three month high at Nuneaton's hospital
- 09:36 When do the clocks go back in 2017? End of British Summer Time looms
- 09:35 Barcelona technical director 'watches Anthony Martial in action for...
- 09:35 Hair: The Musical 50th Anniversary REVIEW: A lively revival
- 09:35 MH370: Malaysia in deal with US firm to restart plane search
- 09:34 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:34 Lancashire County Council's £28m cost of care for region's...
- 09:34 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Barcelona Coutinho bid, Milner not for...
- 09:33 Iranian told he cannot stay in UK
- 09:33 Orange walks at risk following fresh legal advice
- 09:32 Kevin De Bruyne names Mancester City’s main rival for the Premier...
- 09:32 Properties evacuated in Cleveleys after 'gas leak' fears
- 09:32 Chelsea staff fear ‘dead man walking’ Antonio Conte will be sacked
- 09:32 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:31 Premier League predictions: Paul Merson calls the scores for this...
- 09:30 Council to decide how to demolish the Futurist