This week in Coventry City history: Steve Mokone's pioneering achievement and Newcastle United are routed at Highfield Road
In a new weekly feature, the Coventry Telegraph will dip into the archives and bring you key moments from this week in Coventry City FC history.
We will take a look at occasions and moments which have helped shape the Sky Blues, from memorable matches to signings, as well as birthdays and anniversaries.
This week, we take a look at October 10 to October 16.
October 10, 1964 - New scoreboard On this day, Coventry City gave their new electronic scoreboard its first display during a victory as the Sky Blues beat Swindon Town 3-2 at Highfield Road.
The scoreboard had overseen three matches... read more
- 16:11 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 16:10 Tottenham v Stoke – TV channel, time, date, odds and recent meetings
- 16:09 Council grows number of allotment plots it runs in town by 28
- 16:08 When safety is a danger
- 16:07 Gold and silver prices SURGE amid fears US stock markets are about...
- 16:06 Tyne’s link to US war entry
- 16:06 Nottingham mum calls on maternity leave to be increased
- 16:04 Historian digs into Cumbrian village's past
- 16:03 Boy, 10, survives deadly spider bite after receiving record anti-venom
- 16:03 Zlatan Ibrahimovic could play until he’s 40, says Manchester United...
- 16:03 WATCH: Customers praise The Waterfront's new look after it reopens...
- 16:01 Snow to hit Scotland again as Storm Doris aftermath sees...
- 16:00 Where in the North East are you least likely to pick up a speeding...
- 15:59 Air ambulance called after car crashes into Derbyshire shop
- 15:58 Thief caught holding up a toy shop with a carrier bag over her head
- 15:57 The Voice UK 2017: 'It's hard' Linda Lusardi's daughter Lucy...
- 15:55 Wood shoots Leeds United to vital victory over Sheffield Wednesday
- 15:55 This couple with Down’s syndrome are celebrating 22 years of marriage
- 15:55 Concern growing for missing man Stephen Charlton who was last seen...
- 15:54 Philippines people power anniversary sparks anti-Duterte protests
- 15:51 Electronics retailer hhgregg could file for bankruptcy next month:...
- 15:51 Berkshire Hathaway gains $1.6 billion from its huge bite of Apple
- 15:47 Ex-Chelsea star opens up on return to Stamford Bridge
- 15:45 Two-year investigation put South Shields drug smuggler behind bars
- 15:44 Man United boss Mourinho shocked me by doing this, but it backfired...
- 15:43 Swansea boss sends warning to Chelsea: Transfer target will be up...
- 15:43 Arsenal legend: Man United star will be wanted by Premier League...
- 15:43 Antonio Conte: This gave me sleepless nights
- 15:42 Ex-Liverpool FC keeper Doni has no sympathy for Claudio Ranieri
- 15:41 Van crash in North Lincolnshire