This was once a grim St Asaph workhouse...look at it now
A former workhouse and hospital has been transformed into luxury apartments.
The St Asaph Union workhouse was once home to the area’s poorest residents before later becoming HM Stanley Hospital, named after explorer Henry Morton Stanley, who had lived in the workhouse.
The hospital was closed by the Health Board in 2012 when the ophthalmic department was transferred to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd.
Read More St Asaph HM Stanley hospital development to create 200 jobs
Pure Residential and Commercial bought the site and secured planning permission for a major homes development known as Livingstone... read more
- 10:56 COLUMN: Make your dog your running buddy
- 10:56 Bus fire in Mablethorpe
- 10:56 ‘Tour of the Wolds’ will bring thousands to Louth
- 10:56 Young Jack needs a new home
- 10:55 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:54 Serbia and Kosovo 'on brink of WAR' as troops line border to ‘bomb’...
- 10:54 South Yorkshire fires round-up: Arsonists wreak havoc in spate of...
- 10:54 After snow, storms and rough seas, what has the North East weather...
- 10:54 Farewell The West Wing: White House press corps to leave iconic...
- 10:53 7 ways of getting the taxman to help you beat the January financial...
- 10:53 European club boss confirms he wants to sign Chelsea and West Ham...
- 10:53 Ivan Toney and Matt Crooks can be good signings for Scunthorpe:...
- 10:53 Angry Birds maker Rovio to open game development studio in London
- 10:53 Oracle opens start-up accelerator in Israel for cloud innovation
- 10:53 Blue Monday: 14 ways to stay cheery in Chester
- 10:53 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:53 Bayern Munich make Marco Verratti their priority target as Carlo...
- 10:53 Top Lancashire politician to retire before the ‘grim reaper comes’
- 10:52 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:52 We fully deserved a point, says Town boss Adams
- 10:52 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:51 'The days of someone handing over £250k are long gone': How do you...
- 10:51 The shares to watch in 2017: From an unloved clothing giant, to a...
- 10:51 Police get extension in Gomersal murder investigation
- 10:51 Couple caught having sex in Burger King toilets
- 10:51 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:51 Newspaper trolls Donald Trump with brilliant TV listing
- 10:51 Shooting takes place outside primary school as children are...
- 10:51 Bus fire in Mablethorpe
- 10:51 ‘Tour of the Wolds’ will bring thousands to Louth