This part of Nottinghamshire has more taxis than London
Heading home after a night out?
You're more likely to find a cab in Gedling than you are in London, according to new data.
The latest government report on the nation's 524,193 cabs shows that the Nottinghamshire district has 1,266 taxis and minicabs.
That works out as one for every 91.7 people who live there.
Only three places in the whole of England and Wales - Rossendale in Lancashire, Uttlesford in Essex and Sefton in Merseyside - are better served.
Read more: Student who could not afford a taxi given drink driving ban
London, by contrast, has one cab for every 100 people who live there,... read more
- 04:17 Military plane crashes in Cuba killing all eight on board
- 04:17 Chile's governing coalition splits ahead of November election
- 04:10 Household food waste level 'unacceptable'
- 03:53 ‘Merkel BLOCKED Macron from helping resolve Greece’s financial...
- 03:52 Cricket teams set for Winkworth Cup T20 action
- 03:48 Family of brain-damaged serviceman seeks Russian treatment
- 03:48 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to celebrate Princess Charlotte's...
- 03:43 School funding: Shorter school week should be considered, say head...
- 03:24 Triple-lock: Call for pensions policy to be revamped
- 03:16 Saints made to suffer by Exeter at Sandy Park
- 03:04 Fresh bid for holiday log cabin plans at Whaplode
- 02:57 Round-ups from North Wales football leagues
- 02:53 Russia accuse Trump of 'violating arms treaty' with US missile...
- 02:42 Madeleine McCann: Parents mark 10 since daughter went missing
- 02:27 Luke Shaw names Manchester United player who helped him through...
- 02:24 China April manufacturing activity expands in April, official PMI...
- 02:23 Supermarkets should sell 'wonky veg' to help cut food waste
- 02:23 MPs in call to boost research in regenerative medicine
- 02:23 Boy, four, dies after being hit by car in Leeds
- 02:22 All Blacks captain Kieran Read in race against time to recover from...
- 02:22 English players seek re-working of Indian Premier League agreement
- 02:22 We should have scored more goals, says Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers...
- 02:22 British driver Jolyon Palmer takes the blame after crashing out in...
- 02:22 Nicky Henderson's treble at Sandown secures fourth Jump Trainers’...
- 02:22 Wladimir Klitschko wants immediate Anthony Joshua rematch: 'We have...
- 02:22 Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha takes full responsibility for...
- 02:21 Boy, four, killed after being hit by car in Leeds
- 02:20 Goya's tapestry workshop in knotty eviction row
- 02:20 The man who has saved 92 crash victims
- 02:13 He looks familiar! Take Me Out viewers spot hunky prison officer...