This part of Nottinghamshire has more taxis than London
Heading home after a night out?
You're more likely to find a cab in Gedling than you are in London, according to new data.
The latest government report on the nation's 524,193 cabs shows that the Nottinghamshire district has 1,266 taxis and minicabs.
That works out as one for every 91.7 people who live there.
Only three places in the whole of England and Wales - Rossendale in Lancashire, Uttlesford in Essex and Sefton in Merseyside - are better served.
Read more: Student who could not afford a taxi given drink driving ban
London, by contrast, has one cab for every 100 people who live there,... read more
- 07:44 Lauryn Hill marks 20 years of Miseducation album with arena tour
- 07:44 Unai Emery to Arsenal: New manager will be under INTENSE pressure...
- 07:43 Bury North MP James Frith opens Old Hall Primary School's new annex
- 07:43 Ferrari driver involved in supercar smash in Sheffield tracked down...
- 07:42 Rail groups coupling together to revive electrification proposals
- 07:39 Toni Kroos FEARS Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool due to his time at...
- 07:39 Liverpool News: Lyon offer major Fekir update, Kroos claim,...
- 07:39 Philippe Coutinho makes Barcelona ace Lionel Messi submit transfer...
- 07:36 Part of M6 in Cumbria shut due to lorry fire overnight
- 07:33 Chelsea transfer news: Next Blues boss told to build team around...
- 07:31 ‘Prolific’ car thief banned from entering three areas of Sunderland
- 07:31 Boris Johnson wants a private plane for Brexit business ‘because...
- 07:31 Last ditch attempt to save Calderdale school building
- 07:26 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 07:26 Texting mistakes you don’t know you’re making
- 07:21 Donald Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 07:20 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:16 M&S profits slump on store closure costs
- 07:15 Ulverston driver due to appear in court accused of failing to stop...
- 07:15 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:15 Chance to win VIP tickets for The Mail Picnic Day at Cartmel...
- 07:15 Cheers: Friends and family pay tribute to former Barrow landlord
- 07:15 Selfless volunteers praised for combined 30 year commitment to...
- 07:15 Barrow man to face criminal damage charge
- 07:13 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:13 Outdoor company Patagonia backs bid to restore Lake District route...
- 07:13 Carlisle hospital guard assaulted after patient's tobacco theft fears
- 07:13 Festival can go ahead after 11th-hour hearing
- 07:10 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:09 GPs need access to database of social activities to help lonely...