This life extending lung cancer drug will be available on the NHS
The drug denied to restaurant critic AA Gill on the NHS has been approved for some patients with his type of cancer.
Gill died aged 62 last December after revealing he was suffering from the "full English" of cancers - specifically lung cancer that had spread to other parts of his body, including his pancreas.
He received chemotherapy on the NHS but could not access the immunotherapy drug nivolumab because it was not approved on the NHS.
In his last column, AA Gill said his doctor told his partner Nicola Formby: "If he had insurance, I'd put him on immunotherapy -... read more
- 15:09 FBI hunting for tattooed fugitive with DORK inked on his neck
- 15:08 Trophy success at double for cadets
- 15:08 Firm completes sale and leaseback deal
- 15:09 First World War hero George Peachment to be remembered in £8.5...
- 15:08 Thunder gets on board with Moody
- 15:08 Search is on for lost north east memorials
- 15:09 Magpie Recipe: Hake, wild mushroom, wild garlic & sherry cream
- 15:08 Prestigious award for franchisee
- 15:08 Training new generation of technologists
- 15:08 Two pharma companies collaborate
- 15:08 Containers given a new life on shore
- 15:07 Kirkby biker led cops on chase
- 15:07 Sutton man caught with drugs in motoring arrest
- 15:07 Thieves target ATM at Banbury Co-op 'with exploding foam'
- 15:07 Burton Albion players deliver coaching sessions at Stanton School...
- 15:06 Prison sentence quashed for Sutton Bridge man caught with indecent...
- 15:06 Manhunt launched after 59 burglaries across the region including...
- 15:06 Spen cadets know the drill
- 15:06 We think this teenager may have failed her driving test
- 15:05 Space age lessons delight pupils
- 15:05 Inspector Darren McKie guilty of wife's murder
- 15:05 Premier League big six transfer spend by position: Where has all...
- 15:05 Revealed: What these 6 common stomach pains mean and how to fix...
- 15:04 Prezzo to shut 94 restaurants with 500 jobs axed
- 15:04 Teenage asylum seeker jailed for life over Parsons Green Tube bomb
- 15:04 Bassetlaw woman bought drugs at Christmas then forgot about them
- 15:04 £70 million bid boost for Grantham road plan
- 15:03 Space age lessons delight pupils
- 15:02 Dutch police detain 25 England fans overnight after drunken...
- 15:02 Afghanistan hold nerve to beat Ireland and reach Cricket World Cup