This is the effect the EU referendum had on foreign workers in Birmingham
The number of foreigners coming from Europe to work in Birmingham remained unchanged after the EU referendum.
Figures from the Department for Work and Pensions show that the number of European people coming from overseas and registering for National Insurance Numbers between July and September 2016 slightly increased across the UK following the result of the EU referendum.
However, in Birmingham the number of people from the EU who applied for a National Insurance Number during this three-month period increased only by 0.4%.
During the period, 7,273 people applied, slightly more than the... read more
- 15:50 Skegness cabbie hailed a hero after terror attack in Manchester
- 15:50 Family pays tribute to young man who died in crash near Kenilworth
- 15:50 Court orders issued to Northampton traveller encampment believed to...
- 15:50 Sudan accuses Egypt of backing rebels ahead of foreign minister's trip
- 15:50 Manchester Arena terror attack - people with blood group O negative...
- 15:50 Comic Jason Manford reveals family friend missing in Manchester...
- 15:49 Skegness cabbie hailed a hero after terror attack in Manchester
- 15:48 Potential tornado in Derbyshire caught on camera at Breadsall...
- 15:48 A46 crash victim named
- 15:48 Sir Roger Moore dead: James Bond icon’s 10 FUNNIEST one-liners and...
- 15:48 Roger Moore: How many James Bond films did he make? What were they?
- 15:48 Roger Moore dead: Star thought he was ‘the WORST James Bond’ after...
- 15:47 Manchester arena blast: Liam Gallagher leads celebrity tributes
- 15:46 First victims of Manchester Arena attack named
- 15:46 Fires keep being started in woods, say police
- 15:46 Leeds United News: Garry Monk to extend contract as club target...
- 15:46 Irish lenders need to speed reduction in non-performing loans -...
- 15:46 Men arrested after Banbury stabbing
- 15:45 Sir Roger Moore dies: his best roles from James Bond to The Saint
- 15:45 Why Liam Payne 'struggled' over Cheryl's decision to name son Bear
- 15:45 Vic Reeves signs up for Coronation Street role
- 15:45 Downton Abbey star Hugh Bonneville has his say on possible movie
- 15:45 Heckles, applause and mocking laughter at Kenilworth and Southam...
- 15:45 Liam Payne set to top charts with debut solo single Strip That Down
- 15:45 These are the Manchester terror attack victims
- 15:45 Former CIA director says discussed election hacking with Moscow in...
- 15:44 Open Air Theatre shows to go ahead as normal following Manchester...
- 15:44 Wrenthorpe couple badly hurt in Manchester Arena terrorist attack
- 15:44 Radio 1 Big Weekend adds extra security measures after Manchester...
- 15:43 Scarborough student caught up in Manchester terror attack