This is the effect that the 5p plastic bag chrge has had
It’s almost been a year since the 5p charge was introduced for plastic carrier bags – but it’s already dramatically changed our weekly shop.
Nine in 10 shoppers in England now use their own carrier bags following the Government levy, according to a study.
Unarmed black man killed by California police after pulling vape from his pocket Around 90% of people take their own bags with them when food shopping, up from 70% before the charge on single-use plastic bags was introduced on October 5, research from Cardiff University shows.
Additionally, around one in 15 shoppers (7%) now regularly take... read more
- 10:57 Liverpool were awarded yet another penalty against Manchester...
- 10:57 Kluivert Mk II: Patrick's son Justin, 17, follows in his father's...
- 10:56 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:56 COLUMN: Make your dog your running buddy
- 10:56 Bus fire in Mablethorpe
- 10:56 ‘Tour of the Wolds’ will bring thousands to Louth
- 10:56 Young Jack needs a new home
- 10:55 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:54 Serbia and Kosovo 'on brink of WAR' as troops line border to ‘bomb’...
- 10:54 South Yorkshire fires round-up: Arsonists wreak havoc in spate of...
- 10:54 After snow, storms and rough seas, what has the North East weather...
- 10:54 Farewell The West Wing: White House press corps to leave iconic...
- 10:53 7 ways of getting the taxman to help you beat the January financial...
- 10:53 European club boss confirms he wants to sign Chelsea and West Ham...
- 10:53 Ivan Toney and Matt Crooks can be good signings for Scunthorpe:...
- 10:53 Angry Birds maker Rovio to open game development studio in London
- 10:53 Oracle opens start-up accelerator in Israel for cloud innovation
- 10:53 Blue Monday: 14 ways to stay cheery in Chester
- 10:53 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:53 Bayern Munich make Marco Verratti their priority target as Carlo...
- 10:53 Top Lancashire politician to retire before the ‘grim reaper comes’
- 10:52 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:52 We fully deserved a point, says Town boss Adams
- 10:52 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:51 'The days of someone handing over £250k are long gone': How do you...
- 10:51 The shares to watch in 2017: From an unloved clothing giant, to a...
- 10:51 Police get extension in Gomersal murder investigation
- 10:51 Couple caught having sex in Burger King toilets
- 10:51 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:51 Newspaper trolls Donald Trump with brilliant TV listing