'This is absolutely disgusting' Thousands back war hero after he's refused treatment in England because he's Scottish
Thousands have backed a Scots war hero who lost both legs in Afghanistan but faces losing treatment at an English hospital.
Former soldier Callum Brown was left furious after he was told he will no longer get treatment in England – because he’s Scottish.
Now more than 4000 people have signed a petition urging health chiefs to sort out a funding wrangle after an English NHS Trust refused to continue paying for his treatment as he doesn’t live down south.
The online petition reads: “These guys fight for our very own freedom, the fact he is Scottish shouldn’t even come into this.
“He’s a human... read more
- 02:04 Steve Smith to return to cricket in Canadian T20 tournament
- 01:53 Lee Rhiannon announces retirement as Greens senator
- 01:53 San Francisco police will not be charged in deaths of Mario Woods...
- 01:34 SNP to launch growth report on economics of independence
- 01:25 'They are our brothers': Rohingya refugees find rare welcome in Aceh
- 01:25 Top bodies urge action to ward off Brexit VAT threat
- 01:07 Junior riders shine for Heckmondwike
- 01:04 'I took 57 painkillers a day to get high'
- 01:04 Angelina Jolie's Breadwinner spotlights Afghan girls' plight
- 01:04 Six acts to discover at Biggest Weekend
- 01:00 The strawberry-picking robots doing a job humans won't
- 00:58 Scarborough Market Hall wins prestigious award
- 00:57 Fewer children in detention but Indigenous rate falling more slowly
- 00:53 Cancer patient feels 'privileged to be alive' after NHS trial...
- 00:53 Breast screen error 'could have been spotted earlier'
- 00:50 Loan shark with ‘no morals’ in court
- 00:50 Saving flood water to get through the droughts
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: Who’d be a spy? MI6 turns from Oxbridge to TV
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: Chris Grayling’s audacity. Minister plays...
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: Rural areas pay the price again. School...
- 00:47 Sudoku 4069 hard
- 00:40 Why DR Congo is confident it will halt Ebola
- 00:39 Alan Mak: Yorjshire can build digital apps to put NHS at your...
- 00:39 Bill Carmichaek: Confessions of a reluctant monarchist as Queen...
- 00:38 Kestrels fly high in promotion race
- 00:37 Prince William to visit Israel and Palestinian territories
- 00:34 Record US fentanyl bust 'enough to kill 26 million people'
- 00:26 Tax break plan for immigrants to attract best and brightest to an...
- 00:25 Rising stars of 2017: campaigner Faiza Shaheen
- 00:25 Home Office criticised for failures in reforms to criminal records...