This incredible record shows how many North East-related men have managed England
It is hardly the most successful region in the country, despite the passion shown on Tyneside, Wearside and Teesside.
But the FA continues to appoint managers with connections to that part of the country, although not all of them were born there.
The latest is Gareth Southgate, who is in charge of England for four matches following Sam Allardyce’s departure.
Southgate is a former Middlesbrough captain and went on to manage Boro between 2006 and 2009.
And Big Sam decided to leave Sunderland to briefly become England manager.
Allardyce was also an ex-Black Cats player and Newcastle boss.
And... read more
- 15:45 Uganda police: Arrests over ritual serial killings
- 15:44 Finland knife attack suspect 'admits killing two and wounding eight...
- 15:43 Astana v Celtic LIVE: Updates from the Champions League play-off...
- 15:42 Birmingham restaurant's polite note after 20 people fail to show...
- 15:42 Parked vehicles delay fire engine attending emergency
- 15:42 WATCH: Delivery driver called "f*****ing immigrant" in road rage...
- 15:42 Paul Hollywood says he looks like Game Of Thrones' Night King
- 15:42 Aston Villa owner Tony Xia provides a transfer news update
- 15:41 WALL STREET WARNING: The three reasons the US stock market could be...
- 15:41 Chelsea fans should forget about Man Utd new boy Matic, Bakayoko is...
- 15:40 Vandals damage 19 cars in three weeks during 'mindless' crime spree
- 15:40 Teen shoplifter back in court after stealing from a Barrow home
- 15:39 Firefighters called to derelict Cumbria factory site
- 15:39 Local bin collections set to be suspended for a day as Tour of...
- 15:38 Metropolitan Police tweet sparks social media backlash
- 15:37 Wayne Rooney takes swipe at Man City with message for Manchester...
- 15:37 Liverpool v Arsenal: Arsene Wenger's side must win at Anfield -...
- 15:37 Barcelona transfer news: Barcelona plot shock move to hijack...
- 15:37 Floyd Mayweather eating BURGERS just days before Conor McGregor fight
- 15:37 Wayne Rooney will return to England if he keeps up the good work -...
- 15:37 Live: Large police presence in New Basford
- 15:36 Geoffrey Boycott says sorry for 'unacceptable' knighthood joke
- 15:36 Boy finds a five-leaf clover after searching for three seconds
- 15:36 Man blackmails teacher who wanted to see woman have sex with a dog
- 15:36 Is this yours? Police want to trace handbag owner after burglary
- 15:35 Geoffrey Boycott says sorry for 'unacceptable' knighthood joke
- 15:33 Geoffrey Boycott says sorry for 'unacceptable' knighthood joke
- 15:32 Four tonnes of Ferrero Rocher worth £96,000 stolen from lorry
- 15:32 From 'pregnant' tummy to flat abs: Super-fit Chloe Madeley reveals...
- 15:31 Ford is offering drivers £7k off new cars in exchange for ANY old...