Thieves raid blacksmith's and church in tiny Northamptonshire hamlet
Volunteers who restored a village's blacksmiths have appealed for information after thieves stole a large amount of tools from the shop.
Thieves raided the blacksmith's shop in Whiston and the village church last month in the space of two weeks and now an appeal has been launched for any information about the gang who stole the tools.
Whiston, which has a population of about 60 people and sits between Northampton and Wellingborough, was once the home of members of the Catesby family, made famous during the Gunpowder Plot.
Dr Steven Hollowell said the blacksmith's shop was rebuilt by a small... read more
- 10:48 Lance Stroll must NOT copy this current F1 driver, claims Jacques...
- 10:48 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:47 Flashing UFO appears near Space Station – but astronaut ‘covers it...
- 10:47 REVEALED: Which workers are most likely to drink or drug-drive
- 10:47 From a milkman on skis to sledding nuns: Stunning vintage photos of...
- 10:47 Reports of shooting near Primary School in Glasgow during morning...
- 10:46 Woman taken to hospital after vehicle smashes into post near Doncaster
- 10:46 West Keal incident leaves horse rider with serious injury
- 10:46 SPEED CAMERAS: Latest hot spot locations
- 10:46 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:46 Pep Guardiola effectively says Manchester United are out of the...
- 10:45 Consultation on STI funding
- 10:44 Top things to do at the weekend (January 20 to 22)
- 10:44 Coalition forces have freed two million from IS, says Fallon
- 10:43 Kids describe their dream homes
- 10:43 Pendle Jazzmen thrill at The Inn on the Wharf
- 10:42 Police want to trace these woman as part of probe into theft from...
- 10:42 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:40 We name and shame the people who have been in court
- 10:40 Work on new £3.5m Ongo office gets underway
- 10:39 Everton ace to discuss future with Ronald Koeman as West Ham and...
- 10:38 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:38 Two crews attend kitchen fire in Louth
- 10:38 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:38 South Shore crews called to extractor fan fire
- 10:38 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 University students urged to get vaccinated against meningitis and...
- 10:37 Woman punched in the face by man in Kettering
- 10:37 Liverpool FC boss Klopp's dig at 'long-ball' Manchester United
- 10:37 David Beckham pays tribute to Manchester United staff member who...