Thief stole to fund crack cocaine habit
A thief who went back to crime after a two-year gap did it to fund a crack cocaine habit, Burnley magistrates heard. The court was told how Gary Bradley (39) stole two candles worth £52.98 from Clintons Cards, but told staff: "Sorry, I have taken this," and then handed the goods back. He wasn't bailed and two months later he stole four mobile phone power banks worth £39.96 from Aldi. He told police he was going to sell them for cigarettes.
Bradley, who has 57 previous theft offences on his record, was last before the court in 2014, but was said to have struck again because of a... read more
- 17:29 First drive: 2017 Mercedes E 350 d
- 17:28 Friends double up their Christmas lights after neighbour calls them...
- 17:28 100 residents & businesses attend flood defence meeting in South...
- 17:27 Ireland says euro fiscal rules constraining its investment needs
- 17:27 Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox bids $14.1 billion for UK's Sky
- 17:26 Boss reveals Chelsea ace has been bombarding him with texts: He...
- 17:25 Van blaze on A483 causes heavy traffic near Welshpool
- 17:23 Police chief calls for minimum pricing on alcohol
- 17:22 Tottenham prepare for Manchester United clash at Old Trafford with...
- 17:22 Manchester United star Paul Pogba gives his shirt to a fan causing...
- 17:21 Blackmailer guilty of making man's life "hell"
- 17:21 Lorry and car collide on Bramshall Road
- 17:21 Glider pilot's inquest opens
- 17:21 Louth man (31) to face rape trial next month
- 17:19 Gardener’s appeal after thieves steal van
- 17:18 Tragic star Savenaca Koroibulileka’s wife and sons attend memorial...
- 17:18 It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas in Bourne
- 17:18 Ex-Swiss banker goes home after U.S. loses extradition from Germany
- 17:18 Departing Gregory hails ‘brilliant’ Stratford Town supporters
- 17:17 Drivers spend 11 hours stuck in Castle Street traffic jams in one...
- 17:17 University ‘tells gay student to keep quiet after classmates tell...
- 17:17 How Nokia and Motorola mobile phones are among classics selling for...
- 17:17 New road signs proudly welcome visitors to Hull UK City of Culture
- 17:16 Marcus Rashford will be a centre-forward, says Manchester United...
- 17:16 Police capture convict hiding under van
- 17:14 Breast cancer drug ‘unfairly blamed’ for side effects
- 17:12 Burlington School’s brush with success in art competition
- 17:12 Scots GPs warn rising workloads may affect patient care
- 17:11 Bomb disposal team to carry out explosion on Walney
- 17:11 Exclusive - Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense:...