These radical plans are being considered to improve Middlesbrough schools
A radical new approach is being drawn up by education chiefs to tackle poor performance in Middlesbrough’s schools.
Middlesbrough Council is considering a new strategy under its attempt to drive up classroom standards.
Results for both primary and secondary school pupils continue to lag behind the national average.
But a new report sets out £800,000 plans which aim to deliver improvements.
Here is what action is being taken and why:
Why does action need to be taken? There have been calls from various quarters over recent years that Middlesbrough schools “must do better”.
Schools watchdog... read more
- 09:54 Couple lose civil partnership challenge
- 09:54 Passengers walk through JFK checkpoint without being screened - NBC
- 09:54 Theo Walcott joins exclusive Arsenal club – but he took longer to...
- 09:54 Nigeria's presidency says no cause for worry about Buhari
- 09:52 Cruise news: Woman stuck in sea for an HOUR after FALLING overboard...
- 09:51 Khan signs up for Lancashire T-20 campaign
- 09:51 Morecambe’s Mullin hailed ahead of trip to Newport
- 09:51 Man hit with hammer then pushed through Burger King window in Skegness
- 09:51 Government records £9.4bn surplus in January
- 09:51 This hair dye will adapt its colour according to your surroundings
- 09:51 Air ambulance at scene of crash involving lorry and motorbike
- 09:50 'Stubborn' swan blocks M27 at Fareham
- 09:50 This Nottinghamshire design firm is looking to boost the web...
- 09:49 Burglars steal car keys from Sandiacre home - then take Citroen...
- 09:49 UK food and drink sales hit £20bn across the world
- 09:49 Roman Abramovich secures crucial deal: Chelsea fans will love this
- 09:48 Czechs, tired of being 'Europe's garbage can', will push for better...
- 09:48 China jails former head of safety watchdog for 15 years for graft
- 09:47 Serious cause behind the smile
- 09:47 Explorer Levison Wood to entertain Chesterfield with stories of his...
- 09:46 Sutton United boss hits out at 20-stone goalie Wayne Shaw for...
- 09:45 You can skip this ad in a year: YouTube drops 30-second commercials
- 09:45 YP Comment: The best and worst of politics
- 09:45 Pundit addresses rumours of Man United’s £30m Arsenal raid: This...
- 09:45 Multi vehicle accident on M62 near Leeds
- 09:45 Milo Yiannopoulos banned from conference over paedophilia comments
- 09:45 Children's sex book causes stir in Indonesia
- 09:45 COURT REGISTER
- 09:45 THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: Catching God’s attention as spring arrives...
- 09:44 South Africa grants Barclays Africa some immunity in FX rigging probe