Theresa May warns Scotland that there's no opt-out from Brexit
THERESA May has set herself on a collision course with Nicola Sturgeon by vowing there will be no Scottish “opt-out”
As the Prime Minister announced formal talks on leaving the EU will begin by March next year, she slammed Sturgeon’s plan to use the Brexit result to stage a second independence vote.
At the opening of the Conservative conference in Birmingham, May declared: “We voted in the referendum as one United Kingdom, we negotiated as one United Kingdom and will leave as one United Kingdom.”
In a defining moment, she said: “There is no opt-out from Brexit and I will never... read more
- 02:22 Man dies on Oxbridge 'Varsity' ski trip to French Alps
- 02:12 China services sector activity expands at quickest rate in 16...
- 02:00 Turner Prize winner to be announced
- 01:58 Snacking on nuts each day can cut disease risk
- 01:52 Emerald Demelza! Poldark star Eleanor Tomlinson looks striking in a...
- 01:52 'It doesn't make sense': Adam Thomas's soap star brother Ryan...
- 01:52 London calling! Supermodel Gigi Hadid cuts a low key figure as she...
- 01:52 Ain't nothing like a dame! Judi Dench wraps up in a chic camel coat...
- 01:52 It's a cover up! Nicole Scherzinger goes from dramatic cleavage...
- 01:52 'Who is this imposter?' Twitter goes wild as viewers accuse Lady...
- 01:52 For the Friel of it! Anna leads the style at the British...
- 01:48 Most foreign firms owning London property are registered in tax...
- 01:38 Trump to meet with retired U.S. Admiral Stavridis on Thursday
- 01:36 Oh my Gogglebox! Scarlett's queen of the jungle
- 01:36 New crisis for EU as Italy's PM quits after crushing reforms defeat
- 01:36 Briton dies on Oxbridge ski trip to French Alps
- 01:35 Decorated football coach linked with abuse at two clubs: Dario...
- 01:35 Andy Woodward calls on FA to support new Trust for victims and...
- 01:35 Crisis club Crewe sent boys to disgraced former Southampton coach...
- 01:35 Shenzhen - Hong Kong trading scheme kicks off
- 01:30 Fidel Castro funeral subdues Cuba's popular Santeria festival
- 01:28 Want, need, wear, read: Will the 'four gift rule' take off?
- 01:23 Inside the ‘tinderbox’ Oakland Ghostship commune where at least 33...
- 01:20 Euro zone seeks compromise on Greek debt ahead of IMF deadline
- 01:20 Airbus chief wants soft Brexit, higher German military budget
- 01:20 100 Women 2016: Indian women 'loiter' in public places at night
- 01:13 New Zealand Prime Minister Key announces surprise resignation
- 01:11 Killer drivers could face life sentences under Government crackdown
- 00:58 Panasonic in talks to buy ZKW for up to $1 billion - Nikkei
- 00:58 BMW seeks to be 'coolest' ride-hailing firm with autonomous car