Theresa May to axe EU laws in first major move since Brexit
Theresa May has announced plans to take back all powers from the EU by enshrining all regulations in domestic law when the country leaves the bloc.
The prime minister will today introduce a Great Repeal Bill that will remove the 1972 European Communities Act from the statute book.
Theresa May won’t call an early general election because it would cause ‘instability’ This will then kickstart the process of ending the country’s EU membership.
Addressing the Conservative Party Conference in Birmingham for the first time as leader, Mrs May will announce that she will pass legislation to move EU... read more
- 16:17 In pictures: Anti-Brexit protesters refuse to back down even after...
- 16:16 The five most expensive new cars in the world
- 16:15 Pet store chain to stop selling rabbits in Northampton over Easter
- 16:15 New Ferry family reunited with pet cat four days after explosion
- 16:15 EastEnders spoiler: Cora Cross' return REVEALED in devastating plot...
- 16:15 Banbury man dies after crashing car into tree in Northamptonshire
- 16:15 Morecambe FC players and staff paid wages after third delay
- 16:15 National Sea Life Centre in Brindleyplace unveils latest attraction
- 16:14 Man convicted of rape following four-month horror spree
- 16:14 Man painting 'I'm innocent' on roof in Saner Street - police at scene
- 16:14 Cristiano Ronaldo statue: Bust of former Manchester United ace...
- 16:14 Man City confident Arsenal will miss out academy starlet Jadon Sancho
- 16:14 Three Manchester United games that will decide top four chances
- 16:14 WATCH: Stomach-churning footage of cruise ship being BATTERED by...
- 16:12 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews
- 16:12 Welcome to Chester's chocolate factory
- 16:12 Do you know this man?
- 16:11 Suspect in school machete incident appears in court
- 16:11 Police 'wanted' man appeal: Have you seen this suspected burglar...
- 16:11 Stabbing victim Aiden McAteer's family tell of shock at home attack
- 16:11 Hilton shoplifter stole garlic and tomatoes worth £1 from Tesco
- 16:11 Wife beating cricketer Mustafa Bashir could have his sentence...
- 16:10 This is when Beauty and the Beast Chip mugs will be back in Primark
- 16:10 Revealed: Ambitious bid to send Channel 4 to Coventry
- 16:10 Some 146 migrants feared dead after shipwreck, sole survivor says
- 16:10 Do you recognise these watches?
- 16:08 Fantasy Football Tips: The transfers you should make for Gameweek 30
- 16:07 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews
- 16:07 Knitted chicks set to boost funds
- 16:07 Everything you need to know ahead of May's local elections in...