Theresa May to axe EU laws in first major move since Brexit
Theresa May has announced plans to take back all powers from the EU by enshrining all regulations in domestic law when the country leaves the bloc.
The prime minister will today introduce a Great Repeal Bill that will remove the 1972 European Communities Act from the statute book.
Theresa May won’t call an early general election because it would cause ‘instability’ This will then kickstart the process of ending the country’s EU membership.
Addressing the Conservative Party Conference in Birmingham for the first time as leader, Mrs May will announce that she will pass legislation to move EU... read more
- 09:34 Eric Dier to Man Utd: Pochettino reveals all and blames Mourinho...
- 09:32 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits retiring from football is...
- 09:32 Priscilla Presley quits Scientology after nearly four decades
- 09:32 Paloma Faith reveals she is raising her child to be gender neutral
- 09:31 Woman, 23, arrested as baby dies after fall from sixth-floor window
- 09:31 Gerard Deulofeu insists there was 'no problem' with controversial...
- 09:31 Marc Marquez moves within touching distance of fourth MotoGP world...
- 09:31 Justin Thomas secures £1.26m PGA Tour prize after beating Marc...
- 09:30 Boy with Down’s Syndrome is the new star of River Island’s kids’ range
- 09:28 Charity night tickets selling
- 09:28 Responding to concerns
- 09:28 Derby County defender should have been sent off, says Sheffield...
- 09:26 Woman, 23, arrested as baby dies after fall from sixth-floor window
- 09:25 Fabian Delph makes a big prediction about Man City teammate Sergio...
- 09:21 5 houses in Hull which cost less than £55,000 and just need some TLC
- 09:21 Man trapped in serious crash which has closed the A165
- 09:20 Carlisle teenager named as one of world's best young poets
- 09:19 Poorly puppy owner tries to raise £3,000 for treatment
- 09:19 GALLERY; ‘Core’ blimey - apple event near Skegness attracts 850
- 09:18 PCSO whose heart stopped has emotional reunion with medics who...
- 09:18 North East news LIVE: Major delays on the Metro network due to...
- 09:18 Stephen Robinson: Grab your chance to beat Rangers and reach League...
- 09:16 Journey from pit to paint factory
- 09:16 Two lanes closed on M1 due to overturned van
- 09:16 27-year-old man is in intensive care after hit-and-run
- 09:11 Paul Robinson: Louth Cattle Market is part of a ‘complicated jigsaw’
- 09:11 Woman tracks down her missing cat after uploading its photo to Tinder
- 09:10 Away form is blighting Birmingham City - five things we learned...
- 09:08 No slide tackles and no shouting from sidelines - 12 new youth...
- 09:07 Italy referendums: Lombardy and Veneto vote on greater autonomy