Theresa May to axe EU laws in first major move since Brexit
Theresa May has announced plans to take back all powers from the EU by enshrining all regulations in domestic law when the country leaves the bloc.
The prime minister will today introduce a Great Repeal Bill that will remove the 1972 European Communities Act from the statute book.
Theresa May won’t call an early general election because it would cause ‘instability’ This will then kickstart the process of ending the country’s EU membership.
Addressing the Conservative Party Conference in Birmingham for the first time as leader, Mrs May will announce that she will pass legislation to move EU... read more
- 00:36 Murder probe after woman's body found
- 00:36 Housing: Councils call for freedoms to build new homes
- 00:34 In pictures: Libyan students celebrate graduation amid ruins
- 00:33 Short story: Twenty Years by Joanna Bolouri
- 00:33 Memoirs and autumn's best cookbooks: Reviews
- 00:33 Theatre reviews: Ragtime, The Red Barn and Oil
- 00:33 Dance review: Burn The Floor
- 00:33 Opera reviews: Madama Butterfly and Ulysses’ Homecoming
- 00:33 Film reviews: Jack Reacher, I, Daniel Blake and Keeping Up With The...
- 00:33 Jack Reacher author Lee Child: Trump chickened out of Vietnam- end...
- 00:32 Do six people die for every kilo of cocaine?
- 00:32 Citroen DS3 Performance review - Return of the pocket rocket
- 00:30 Venezuelans protest after quashed referendum
- 00:26 Police release 12 more mugshots of fans after Scottish Cup Final...
- 00:22 West Brom: Tony Pulis gives his verdict on Liverpool
- 00:22 Pierluigi Gollini: Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce on the young...
- 00:22 Sam Eggington's epic defeat of Frankie Gavin was a 'super human'...
- 00:21 'Revolutionary' flab-busting treatment endorsed by Kim Kardashian...
- 00:19 QUICK QUIZ: What’s been going on this week?
- 00:15 Police launch inquiry into death of woman ‘refused’ an abortion by...
- 00:12 Thropton WI, Meeting
- 00:11 River Island, New Look and Next: The best coat designs for winter
- 00:11 Debenhams, Oliver Bonas and Jigsaw: The best accessories we want...
- 00:12 Interview: Father of LiFi brings web out of the dark ages
- 00:11 Tesco, Next and Debenhams: The most stylish bread bins
- 00:11 Loaf, Amara and Swoon: Luxurious accessories to create a warm home
- 00:11 Aveda, Bumble and Origins: The best new hair products
- 00:11 Jose Mourinho: Man United vs Man City derby isn't that important
- 00:11 LK Bennett, Debenhams and Matalan: The best mini bag designs for...
- 00:11 Arsenal ace reacts to Mesut Ozil exit rumours: They're a big club -...