Theresa May: Shropshire people must have voices heard over A&E plans
Theresa May had her say on the issue when she responded to a question from Shrewsbury & Atcham MP, Daniel Kawczynski, during Prime Minister's Questions.
She said: "The point about the way this is being done is it is for local people to have their voice heard, and for decisions to be taken that reflect the needs of a particular area."
The Prime Minister's comments follow those of Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt who insisted that the decision has to be a local matter.
Speaking before the House of Commons Mr Kawczynski had said: "We have empowered local doctors to take real... read more
- 15:00 Mika Häkkinen: ‘Monaco is very demanding. If you panic, you are in...
- 14:57 Indiana teacher threw basketball to avert school shooter
- 14:57 Girl, 12, among three killed as Cyclone Mekunu hits Oman
- 14:57 Man suffers multiple stab wounds in Birmingham pub attack
- 14:57 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:56 Blinder of an event at Brocklesby for hospice funds
- 14:55 There’s a massive art installation dedicated to sweets in Dallas
- 14:54 Football league runs at Brid CYP this summer
- 14:54 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:53 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:53 Major road in Northamptonshire near M1 closed following crash
- 14:46 VIDEO: Floral tributes pour in for murdered Sheffield teen as...
- 14:45 Councillors backing Market Place projects
- 14:43 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:41 Billy Bragg on Barking: ‘I would hurry past every alleyway for fear...
- 14:41 World Cup 2018: The 12 Tottenham stars you can expect to see in...
- 14:38 New Sunderland AFC owners 'absolutely intent' on return of Stadium...
- 14:34 Train gets 'lost' in Yorkshire after it goes the wrong way
- 14:32 Met Office issues thunderstorm flood warning for Bank Holiday Monday
- 14:32 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 14:30 Police primed to deal with any underage drinkers
- 14:30 Scots writers protest against Richard Branson’s Edinburgh hotel plans
- 14:28 Murder inquiry launched after boy, 17, dies in Northampton
- 14:28 Firefighters 7,500m climb for fellow life-savers
- 14:27 Liverpool Champions League team news: Star to miss game, Klopp...
- 14:25 People aren’t impressed with this restaurant’s take on a full...
- 14:25 BREAKING NEWS: Murder inquiry launched after death of teenager in...
- 14:25 Major road in Northamptonshire near M1 closed following crash
- 14:24 Fun for all the family at Whissendine School’s fayre
- 14:24 Real Madrid Champions League final team: Zidane to name this 4-3-3...