Theresa May says she is ‘not impressed’ by Toby Young’s comments
The prime minister has said she is ‘not impressed’ with her new official’s previous comments about women’s breasts.
Toby Young, newly appointed to the board of the Office for Students (OfS), was revealed to have made several offensive and sexist posts on Twitter.
Theresa May said she didn’t know about them when he was appointed – and warned him he will be sacked from the universities regulator if he makes any more.
But as Labour stepped up calls for him to be dismissed, he received high-profile backing from the editor of The Spectator magazine, for whom he writes a regular column.
Fraser... read more
- 15:29 Nasa reveals the truth about whether an apocalypse asteroid will...
- 15:29 Council has written off £2.1 million worth of business rates from...
- 15:29 Leeds lap dancing club Silks allowed to keep trading
- 15:27 Leeds United branded 'disgraceful' after announcing Myanmar tour
- 15:26 Man, 58, arrested in Burton on suspicion of being involved in...
- 15:26 Increased security at Birmingham Airport today - this is why
- 15:26 No spring in the property market's step: Dwindling supplies of...
- 15:25 Burton Albion ladies survive fightback to avenge previous defeat to...
- 15:24 Theatre Review Subtle slant on black and white issues
- 15:24 Music Review Voice and guitar virtuosity from Roberts and Lakeman
- 15:24 Friends take on 621 mile cycle challenge at Rutland Water
- 15:24 Theatre Review Distinctly rocky horror show
- 15:24 Blind Alec goes the distance for Uppingham’s Hopper
- 15:24 Music Review Sax sensations from Steve Williamson
- 15:24 Rutland businesses reap benefits of faster broadband
- 15:24 Theatre Review Soft-focus tribute to a gritty working-class writer
- 15:23 Harry Potter themed party announced for Edinburgh MagicFest
- 15:23 Prom fashion on parade in Alnwick
- 15:23 10 of the best Edinburgh beer gardens you might not know about
- 15:23 Streamers delighted as Jonny joins as manager
- 15:23 Portrait of local laird for sale
- 15:23 Cliff Richard case: Editor has 'no concerns' over helicopter footage
- 15:22 'Facebook in PR crisis mode', says academic at heart of row
- 15:22 More than 1,000 students sign up to compensation claim
- 15:22 Explosives scare: This is what the police have said
- 15:21 Louth Bowls: County League honours for Mixed A
- 15:21 Home Office faces court action over asylum children
- 15:21 Toronto police officer hailed as hero for arresting suspect without...
- 15:20 People’s Pantry set to help residents in need
- 15:20 Could you be appearing on Salvage Hunters when it comes to Yorkshire?