Theresa May’s review of employment laws welcomed by Lancashire accountant
Lancashire accountants Danbro has hailed Prime Minister Theresa May for recognising that employment rules are “no longer suitable for the modern workplace.”
Despite a growing demand from UK businesses for temporary workers, executive chairman of Danbro Damian Broughton said recent sweeping changes by HMRC had hit consultants and self-employed people the hardest.
The new and proposed changes to employment and tax laws are forcing some contractors to accept draconian employment terms, while others are no longer allowed to claim expenses for hotels and travel to destinations hundreds of miles... read more
- 08:26 RISE AND SHINE: All your essential morning info to start the day
- 08:25 Daimler says expects record sales for Mercedes-Benz cars in first...
- 08:25 Rangers wonderkid urged to snub Chelsea and follow in footsteps of...
- 08:23 Inquest opened on victims of A525 death crash
- 08:22 Council facing 'tremendous' challenge to clear up Doncaster's air
- 08:21 Silk roads and chilled beef - how China is trying to fill a Trump...
- 08:21 Article 50: What does its triggering mean?
- 08:21 Telford flats hit by vandalism
- 08:21 What are the key issues for the Brexit negotiations?
- 08:21 Hospital order made on Shropshire woman who set fire to mother’s home
- 08:21 Sharp rise in Shropshire animal cruelty cases
- 08:21 Poll: Do you agree with plans to limit the number of items allowed...
- 08:20 Brexit's Article 50 to be triggered TODAY - here's what is likely...
- 08:20 Woman and teenager charged in connection with death of Pedro Godinho
- 08:20 Does your wallet or purse contain a new £1 coin worth £250?
- 08:19 The blood bike Bishop who transports vital packages across the region
- 08:19 Kath Cassidy's son pays tribute to the Newcastle United stalwart...
- 08:19 Convictions for cruelty against animals in the North East fall, but...
- 08:19 Crash between car and bike causing tailbacks on A46
- 08:18 Adam Lallana could miss as many as six Premier League games due to...
- 08:18 French ex-PM Valls backs Macron for president
- 08:17 Suspension for Shropshire nurse who altered notes of a teenage boy...
- 08:17 Shame of South Yorkshire's 9000 animal cruelty complaints
- 08:17 Letter: Osborne’s roles show us why parliament must be overhauled
- 08:17 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:16 Clean sheet thrills Edinburgh as Cobblers boss targets final flourish
- 08:15 Heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful' former Grimsby teacher Marjorie Hogg
- 08:14 Director of Cedar Court Dementia Care Home in Bretby vows to act...
- 08:14 'You behaved like an animal' - Knife-wielding South Yorkshire thug...
- 08:13 Freak accident forces Cumbrian couple to postpone epic China trip