Theresa May reaffirms commitment to Northern Powerhouse - and a successful Liverpool
Theresa May affirmed her commitment to the Northern Powerhouse - and Liverpool’s continued success - following criticism from a senior Labour MP who likened her actions to those of Margaret Thatcher.
Last month Shadow Home Secretary Andy Burnham warned that the Prime Minister had “changed her tune” on the Northern Powerhouse and it risked “as big a betrayal of the North as Margaret Thatcher’s in the 1980s”.
The Aintree-born MP for Leigh, who is running to be Mayor or Manchester, suggested she was not committed to the Northern Powerhouse project to re-balance the economy between north and... read more
- 08:17 Do you know these 21 hidden dangers in your home that are potential...
- 08:17 Plough uncovers major hoard of Roman coins
- 08:17 Red letter day for the hospice thanks to paint firm
- 08:17 Criminals jailed in November 2016 - sentences total more than 14 years
- 08:17 Community groups energised by share of £50k from plant fund
- 08:14 Floods kill at least 13 people in central Vietnam
- 08:13 Ryanair adds Naples to East Midlands Airport summer flying schedule
- 08:11 HEALTH: What hope do we have?
- 08:10 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 07:59 DECEMBER DECIDER: Choose your favourite Hull KR left-centre
- 07:59 Can Hull City end 30 years of hurt at Middlesbrough?
- 07:59 Banned driver Robert Wilson used false number plates to drive...
- 07:58 Antonio Conte opens up on Chelsea’s title chances following Man...
- 07:50 Man United star eyed by Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho considering swap...
- 07:43 Chelsea and Crystal Palace could do transfer business in January
- 07:43 Man United key man in contract stand-off: Red Devils star demanding...
- 07:43 'He turned blue and stopped breathing': 2lb baby Josh ready to...
- 07:35 UFC News: McGregor on being stripped of belt, Jones talks failed...
- 07:35 Alan Shearer: Arsenal are a much better team because of this player
- 07:34 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 07:29 Serious crash occurs in Chesterfield
- 07:28 Big Interview: Ex-PNE midfielder Simon Davey
- 07:22 Alan Shearer: This Chelsea star is back to his best under Antonio...
- 07:22 Arsenal readying shock January bid for Chelsea star: He could...
- 07:20 Obama bars China's Fujian from buying Aixtron's U.S. business
- 07:20 Missing out on West Ham trip in FA Cup trip was biggest regret of...
- 07:20 Pioneer of twinning association dies
- 07:16 Christmas 2016: When are the last posting dates for Christmas?
- 07:15 The 16 worst things about being a tall guy
- 07:14 Drug-dealing Derby teenager had 21 ecstasy tablets at Y Not festival