Theresa May gives vision of Britain after Brexit
Theresa May has finally given details about post-Brexit life in Britain in a speech on the first day of the Conservative Party conference.
Although she once again uttered her infuriating catchphrase – ‘Brexit means Brexit’ – the prime minister also spoke in detail about how Brexit will change Britain.
Theresa May says Article 50 will be triggered by the end of March In a strong speech, Mrs May claimed Britain will be able to control its immigration.
She also said there would be no need to choose between a ‘hard Brexit’ and a ‘soft Brexit’.
On Brexit: ‘The referendum result was clear. It was... read more
- 00:27 The Battle of Hill 70: Canada's forgotten World War One victory
- 00:24 'Always nice to see a few familiar faces': Wayne Rooney taunts...
- 00:22 U-turn over water changes in west Cumbria
- 00:21 Coutinho: If Liverpool signed Keita, Van Dijk and Salah they...
- 00:20 Great Wall of China revs up bid for Fiat Chrysler
- 00:19 PSG close to Kylian Mbappe agreement and in Fabinho talks: Duo to...
- 00:14 Crystal Palace make £15m move for Spurs' defender Kevin Wimmer...
- 00:14 Shock as Burger Chain Kicks Deaf Man Out
- 00:14 Eleanor Rigby's grave goes up for auction
- 00:14 'Stop the fags' poster appears in Melbourne
- 00:14 Are Turkey’s schools dropping evolution and teaching jihad?
- 00:13 Thomas Lemar to Arsenal: Monaco consider selling star before...
- 00:11 'We should give back art looted by the Nazis'
- 00:11 Ford announces £2,000 scrappage scheme for pre-2010 cars
- 00:10 Supplement warning: Not enough of THIS vitamin past age of 60 risks...
- 00:10 Arthritis diet: The SIX foods to avoid if you suffer painful symptoms
- 00:10 Babies born to obese mothers at 'higher risk of asthma'
- 00:10 How a school play about Aboriginal history set off a row
- 00:10 What happened when teens from Kashmir and Delhi became pen pals
- 00:10 Luke Shaw and Ashley Young back in action after injury as...
- 00:08 U-turn over water changes in West Cumbria
- 00:06 Chelsea await outcome of Arsenal and Oxlade-Chamberlain talks: No...
- 00:05 Iraq: Baghdad’s soldiers advance on Isis-held town of Tal Afar
- 00:05 Venezuela: Assembly ‘will foil black marketeers’
- 00:05 Bangladesh: 10 islamists to face firing squad over plot to kill PM
- 00:05 London fire chief ‘has had counselling after trauma’
- 00:05 Wave of inflatable sea creatures hits BP
- 00:05 Parents can’t meet basic needs of kids
- 00:05 Earthquake on Ischia leaves at least one dead and 25 injured
- 00:05 How your digital self could 'live' on after you die