'There must be an investigation into what happened', says Orgreave campaigners' barrister
By the end of this month, campaigners are convinced there will be an inquiry into police actions during the notorious ‘Battle of Orgreave’.
The only question to them is, what form will that inquiry take?
For Henrietta Hill QC, who represents the Orgreave Truth and Justice Campaign (OTJC), it should not be a whitewash and its terms of reference could include looking into the Government’s role in the policing that day because “it remains an area of public concern”.
Ms Hill said: “The campaign’s view is that the case for some kind of inquiry is unanswerable. There must be some form of... read more
- 00:08 Australian regulator will not block ChemChina's Syngenta bid
- 00:08 UK housing, hiring stay resilient despite Brexit vote - surveys
- 00:06 ‘It is absolutely TERRIBLE’ rants Leicester City fan after 5-0...
- 00:06 Kettering parents jailed for 'sickening' baby abuse
- 00:06 Girl, 8, injured in Edinburgh 'stabbing'
- 00:05 Junk food advertising ban aims to tackle childhood obesity
- 00:02 Baby boomers 'should work for longer to stay healthy'
- 00:02 Junk food ads targeting children banned in non-broadcast media
- 00:02 Babies missing out on key checks after fall in health visitor numbers
- 00:02 Slaven Bilic confident he can turn things around at West Ham after...
- 23:58 Religious leaders push for Muslim alternative to Peppa Pig
- 23:56 Arsenal should not sign Julian Draxler, says Lothar Matthaus
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand names Arsenal and Spurs men as best Premier...
- 23:47 Britain softens its Brexit stance—just as the EU hardens its own
- 23:40 Exclusive - Teva investigating allegations by tipster of bribery in...
- 23:40 Asia shares hit one-month peak, bonds bet on ECB support
- 23:39 Dozens killed in west Iraq air strike, MPs and medics say
- 23:35 Wall Street: Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit fresh records
- 23:34 Zinedine Zidane wants to avoid old club Juventus... but Real Madrid...
- 23:32 Ties between Russia and the Taliban worry Afghan, U.S. officials
- 23:25 Ohio legislators pass restrictive abortion bill, citing Trump victory
- 23:24 Arsenal fans lose the plot as Alexis Sanchez is linked with Chelsea
- 23:22 'Liverpool have a great chance of winning the Premier League...
- 23:16 Harry Kane targets Europa League success after Tottenham finally...
- 23:14 ECB to extend asset buys, may debate signal about when it will end
- 23:13 West Ham target PSG ace Jese Rodriguez in January
- 23:13 Pat Nevin reveals worry over Arsenal in Chelsea’s Premier League...
- 23:13 Arsenal prepared to sell Mesut Ozil in the summer if this happens
- 23:11 Manchester City's Pablo Mari attracting interest from Premier...
- 23:11 Derby County receive support from other clubs in TV rights fight...