'There must be an investigation into what happened', says Orgreave campaigners' barrister
By the end of this month, campaigners are convinced there will be an inquiry into police actions during the notorious ‘Battle of Orgreave’.
The only question to them is, what form will that inquiry take?
For Henrietta Hill QC, who represents the Orgreave Truth and Justice Campaign (OTJC), it should not be a whitewash and its terms of reference could include looking into the Government’s role in the policing that day because “it remains an area of public concern”.
Ms Hill said: “The campaign’s view is that the case for some kind of inquiry is unanswerable. There must be some form of... read more
- 10:53 Top Lancashire politician to retire before the ‘grim reaper comes’
- 10:52 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:52 We fully deserved a point, says Town boss Adams
- 10:52 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:51 'The days of someone handing over £250k are long gone': How do you...
- 10:51 The shares to watch in 2017: From an unloved clothing giant, to a...
- 10:51 Police get extension in Gomersal murder investigation
- 10:51 Couple caught having sex in Burger King toilets
- 10:51 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:51 Newspaper trolls Donald Trump with brilliant TV listing
- 10:51 Shooting takes place outside primary school as children are...
- 10:51 Bus fire in Mablethorpe
- 10:51 ‘Tour of the Wolds’ will bring thousands to Louth
- 10:50 What do your colour choices say about YOUR personality? Clever test...
- 10:50 UFO hunter demands a 'scientific inquiry' into police footage of a...
- 10:50 Drink-driver crashed into car with baby
- 10:50 Police investigate shooting near Glasgow primary school
- 10:49 Pets suffer ‘Blue Monday’ today too ... or do they?
- 10:50 Leeds trolleybus inquiry hears of “lessons learned” and how past...
- 10:49 Burglars smash into Sheffield community building and steal charity...
- 10:49 West Brom and Liverpool call on Fifa to help fight Cameroon battle
- 10:49 Go-getting South Yorkshire grandad hands over £30,000 to special...
- 10:49 Aston Villa and Jordan Rhodes: Latest on Middlesbrough striker's...
- 10:49 Independent Sheffield girls school rated 'inadequate' by inspectors
- 10:49 Championship gossip: Former Wolves and Aston Villa striker Robbie...
- 10:49 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:49 Seven ways to cut your tax bill and save you hundreds of pounds
- 10:49 Manchester clubs were supposed to do battle for the Premier League...
- 10:49 Birmingham City trial Stourbridge defender Dan Scarr
- 10:49 Tunisia massacre: Inquest into Sousse beach tragedy to start today