The Yorkshire Post says: A reshuffle to revive the Tories – or more of the same?
THERESA May’s somewhat chaotic reshuffle represents the Prime Minister’s best – and potentially last chance – to revive the fortunes of the Government and Conservative Party after nearly eight years in power.
She will hope her new appointments fare better than the Tory social media machine which was fallible during the election and then tweeted – erroneously – that Chris Grayling had become party chairman.
Such mishaps illustrate the formidable challenge facing the new chairman Brandon Lewis, his well-regarded deputy James Cleverly, a former soldier, and a team of new vice-chairs, including... read more
- 09:52 PLASTIC CAMPAIGN: Lancaster and Morecambe businesses ditch the plastic
- 09:51 Thousands of grandparents are missing out on this Government money
- 09:50 Retail sales grow faster than expected in February
- 09:50 Why Adama Traore could come back to haunt Aston Villa
- 09:50 Reading next manager odds: Overwhelming favourite emerges to...
- 09:50 Plans lodged for new Rokeby school building
- 09:49 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:49 58 all out: England humiliated on first day of Test in New Zealand
- 09:49 Curiosity rover: 2,000 days on Mars
- 09:49 Instagram ‘influencers’ can flog stuff all day – but it’s weird...
- 09:48 Engineering new metal business
- 09:48 Trevor Bayliss lays into England flops after New Zealand skittle...
- 09:47 Wigan's Week In Court
- 09:47 Ooh la la! A hoppy twinning project for Wigan
- 09:47 Evacuee in Wigan learned to love lobscowse
- 09:46 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:46 Company scoops top award for third time
- 09:46 West Brom players were in tears after Bournemouth loss, admits...
- 09:46 Seaham Hall shortlisted for national tourism accolade
- 09:45 Two lads seen in Barrow 'are still missing' say police
- 09:45 £2.5m plans revealed to transform entrance to Whitehaven
- 09:45 Thousands of public sector workers go on strike across France
- 09:45 Post-Brexit passports ‘to be made in France’
- 09:44 Potholes: Is this the worst road in Harborough?
- 09:44 Axholme Bridleways Association clears up East Lound path
- 09:44 Woman targeted by robber in Doncaster street
- 09:44 Mail Memories: When Symington were top, top, top, top, top of the...
- 09:44 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:44 Middle class families who hire private tutors to help get their...
- 09:44 NoFit State to premier latest production Lexicon at the New Vic...