‘The way disabled people are treated is almost Dickensian’
JARED O’MARA tells the Star why he is on a ‘crusade’ to put disability rights at the centre of Labour’s agenda for change
THERE were so many high points during the election last June that it can be difficult to pick a favourite — the exit poll, Canterbury, the victory in Kensington after its die-hard Tory occupant forced two recounts.
But the richly deserved defenestration of Nick Clegg from Sheffield Hallam is definitely a contender, and the man who did it stands out as one to watch even in a crowded field of excellent new MPs on the Labour benches.
The first MP with cerebral palsy says he... read more
- 12:04 Burnley is one Lancashire's 10 unluckiest towns
- 12:03 Brooklyn Beckham set ‘to become the Spice Girls’ official reunion...
- 12:02 Award for improving Parkinson’s care
- 12:02 KFC restaurants in Northampton forced to close as stores run out of...
- 12:02 Hipperholme pupil makes a splash as she clinches gold and meets...
- 12:02 Snap happy shoppers in with chance of winning spending spree
- 12:02 Warwickshire Freemasons support new maternity unit at Warwick Hospital
- 12:02 Did you see Danny Rose’s AMAZING message to Ryan Mason against...
- 12:02 Lewis Hamilton reveals insight into training schedule ahead of...
- 12:01 Paedophile Falder jailed for 32 years
- 12:01 Peter Rabbit among Beatrix Potter characters to star on new coins
- 12:01 Cash to help gardeners club
- 12:01 Chelsea frustrate Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi like no other side
- 12:01 In pictures: Handsworth v Burntwood RUFC
- 12:01 Lichfield City FC beaten 4-2 by Atherstone Town
- 12:01 Teen blackmails teacher into handing over £10k after 'inappropriate...
- 12:01 Got any old-style £10 notes? This is when they cease to be legal...
- 12:00 Elderly victim turns crimefighter to catch fraudsters in police sting
- 12:00 Sergio Aguero heads out with his old man as Manchester City striker...
- 12:00 In pictures: Seven stunning Scottish castles for sale
- 12:00 KFC closures across Preston - latest
- 12:00 Irvine Welsh: ‘I had a criminal record aged 8’
- 11:59 Leeds United memories: Whatever happened to... striker Rob Hulse?
- 11:59 Council partnership yields jobs in Burnley
- 11:58 What not to expect from Philip Hammond Spring statement
- 11:58 Call to bring forward vote on cutting Commons to 600 MPs
- 11:58 Burglars target Sheffield street
- 11:58 Iceland's mooted circumcision ban sparks religious outrage
- 11:57 Matthew Falder who forced teen to rape boy, 4, and girl to eat dog...
- 11:57 Unilever releases details of its entire palm oil supply chain