The two-year-old girl who can only SQUEAK: Emily suffers from 20 seizures a day and is unable to walk, talk or eat for the rest of her short life
A two-year-old girl who suffers from 20 seizures a day is unable to talk, walk or eat and can only make squeaking noises.
Emily Matthews, from Middlesbrough, is unexpected to survive past her teenage years as a result of her Aicardi syndrome.
The incurable condition, which severely affects someone's lifespan, means the nerves connecting the two hemispheres of her brain are missing.
Since her diagnosis at just two weeks old, she has experienced around 15,200 more seizures - some lasting up to 40 minutes.
Doctors say she will need round-the-clock care for the rest of her short life and needs... read more
- 17:21 ‘Yesterday my dream died’ – Claudio Ranieri releases heartbreaking...
- 17:21 Ant and Dec tease SM:TV Live reunion ahead of Saturday Night...
- 17:20 The Klitschkos of Doncaster: Gavin McDonnell bids to make history...
- 17:20 Claudio Ranieri is still smiling despite Leicester sacking as he...
- 17:20 Ancelotti: I don't usually agree with Man Utd boss Mourinho but he...
- 17:20 Uncovered: When Jose Mourinho called axed Leicester boss Claudio...
- 17:18 Funeral of Notts golf caddy to the stars to be held next month
- 17:18 10 city landlords fined nearly £30,000 as council cracks down
- 17:18 Emmerdale's Leah Bracknell left tearful as she says her cancer has...
- 17:18 Call The Midwife: FGM victim praises 'beautiful and sensitively...
- 17:18 Hundreds of jobs in doubt as Sainsbury's Stone warehouse to close
- 17:16 French jobless total rises marginally in January
- 17:16 SMTV: 7 things that MUST be in the anniversary special
- 17:15 Keith Wyness LIVE: Aston Villa CEO answers questions from supporters
- 17:15 Birmingham mum who killed her daughter allowed out into community
- 17:15 Warning as EXPLODING e-cigarette destroys bedroom at Black Country...
- 17:15 This Comic Relief trampoline sleepover is coming to Birmingham
- 17:15 See the dramatic moment a dog is rescued from sinkhole by firefighters
- 17:14 Jose Mourinho reacts to Manchester United Europa League draw with...
- 17:14 Lincolnshire pub given the 'all-clear' following rat claims
- 17:14 Boss praises firemen for saving his business from serious fire
- 17:14 Crunch! Watch as police seize and crush uninsured criminal's car
- 17:13 Air Cadets call for new members to join
- 17:12 Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- 17:12 Should 'catfishing' be made illegal?
- 17:11 INTERVIEW: John Shuttleworth
- 17:11 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:11 How the brush strokes used by Van Gogh and Seurat were pioneered...
- 17:10 Mourinho on Rooney's decision to stay at Manchester United
- 17:10 RGC must continue to learn lessons says coach Phil John