The test that saved Ben Stiller's life: Star credits prostate screening for finding his tumour so why is it controversial?
Ben Stiller's prostate cancer battle has brought the disease back into the spotlight and with it, the debate over whether men should be offered routine screening.
He revealed his tumour had been growing for five years and credits the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) tests he had done, with saving his life.
The Hollywood actor revealed he was diagnosed with an 'aggressive' form of cancer two years ago - and secretly had surgery to remove his prostate.
By September that year, he was told he was cancer-free.
Now, he is urging men to speak to their doctors about being tested at an earlier... read more
- 15:04 Camber Sands death beach 'has hidden dangers'
- 15:04 Silver award for Northampton College for quality of its teaching
- 15:04 Woman racially abused by man on motorbike in Northampton
- 15:03 Sunderland school sets pupils on path to employment
- 15:02 Why Mohamed Salah is already the best finisher at Liverpool FC
- 15:02 'I didn't intend to kill him' says man accused of murdering David...
- 15:02 What I want my eldest child to know before he starts high school
- 15:02 Paolo Nutini to play Paisley Abbey to support town's City of...
- 15:01 When does Wimbledon 2017 start, when is the draw, order of play...
- 15:01 South Yorkshire students celebrate outstanding achievements
- 15:01 US STOCKS-Wall St boosted by tech stocks, rebound in oil prices
- 15:01 Former Brazilian finance minister Palocci to 12 years in prison
- 15:01 British folklore and fairy tales ‘dying out’
- 15:01 Eyewitness describes moment bomb disposal experts pulled up on his...
- 15:00 Ex-Bayern Munich goalkeeper joins Hartlepool United
- 15:00 Chance to vote for film to be screened at Hartlepool Waterfront...
- 14:59 VIDEO: Neighbour speaks of shock after man’s death on a Stanley...
- 14:59 RAF reserve Leeds nurse who helped saved motorway bridge fall man's...
- 14:59 One in five Brits would rather date a pet owner
- 14:59 Normanton schoolgirl Erin Connell impresses Pixie Lott on The Voice...
- 14:59 Oldest part of city set for a revamp
- 14:59 Tom Hardy poses for selfies at Nuneaton garage
- 14:59 Arsenal swapping Alexis Sanchez for Sergio Aguero won't be a good...
- 14:58 Patients relying on crowdfunding to buy wheelchairs, doctor warns
- 14:58 Happy birthday Bridlington library
- 14:58 Coach park move is one step closer
- 14:57 Where can I buy a Corbyn 'Nike' t-shirt that took Glastonbury by...
- 14:57 Man to appear in crown court charged with attacking police
- 14:57 Good bye Robin Hood, Nessy and King Arthur? British folklore and...
- 14:57 Patients relying on crowdfunding to buy wheelchairs, doctor warns