The Swede leading the way to a cashless society
Serial entrepreneur Jacob de Geer was about to "get a real job" when he stumbled upon a gap in the market, and launched one of the most successful start-ups in his country's history.
"We'd just had our second child. I was at a place in life where I really felt like I could use some stability," says the 40-year-old Swede.
"You know, a nice fixed salary that would actually hit my account on a monthly basis, possibly a company car, and a pension would have been nice as well; some of the things that you never get if you run your own business."
This was back in... read more
- 10:20 Melton Times letter: Thank you for your act of kindness
- 10:19 Death crash driver now behind wheel for Scottish Ambulance Service
- 10:17 Embers from coal burner thought to have started a blaze in wooden...
- 10:16 Helicopter manhunt as 'high risk' girl, 13, goes missing
- 10:16 Five firefighters called as shoppers trapped in Lincoln High Street...
- 10:14 Grantham’s very own big band is a treat for a packed arts centre
- 10:14 Transfer News: Chelsea's Milan raid, Fabregas to Arsenal shock, Man...
- 10:12 Children’s charity in Skegness calls for support
- 10:11 Police release photo of Mackworth murder victim Geoff Seggie as...
- 10:11 Nostalgia: Donington Rovers edge seven-goal final
- 10:11 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 10:09 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 10:09 Donna Nook seal count begins to drop as they make their way back to...
- 10:05 WhatsApp will soon stop working on millions of phones, is yours one...
- 10:05 We're Going on a Bear Hunt will be on Channel 4 this Christmas
- 10:05 Stoke City 2, Burnley 0: Player ratings from tasty win over Clarets
- 10:05 LIVE: A50 Waterloo Road closed in both directions after three...
- 10:05 Eden Hazard reveals the ‘big change’ that Diego Costa has made at...
- 10:04 School playground to be transformed after winning Lottery bid
- 10:03 Update: Horses loose on the A17 at Heckington - owner is found
- 09:59 Missing 'high risk' 13-year-old girl found after helicopter search
- 09:58 Witnesses sought after 'deliberate' Ribchester barn fire
- 09:56 General Tso's Chicken creator dies in Taiwan aged 98
- 09:56 Apple admits self-driving car plans
- 09:54 France's Left starts fightback after Hollande bows out of...
- 09:51 Hull City news and rumours LIVE: Tigers ready for Middlesbrough...
- 09:51 Man awaiting sentence after pinning partner against wall
- 09:48 Female suicide bomber uses children as decoy before blowing herself up
- 09:45 Missing out on West Ham tie in FA Cup was the biggest regret of my...
- 09:44 Hospital theft sparks police probe