The Spot reopening in Derby - everything you need to know
The Spot's controversial relaunch be officially unveiled today in a showcase of street entertainment.
Redeveloping the area has cost £1.2 million and the public have heaped criticism on Derby City Council who first claimed the project was Government-funded before admitting forking out £510,000.
Public toilets and the iconic clock tower were taken away and replaced with a £50,000 piece of art and benches engraved with the history of Derby.
The council hopes the site will play host to more street acts and entertainment in the future and today's spectacle will only be the beginning.
IN OTHER... read more
- 06:50 Argos opening times for the May bank holiday – everything you need...
- 06:50 Blackpool: From the courts 29/05/17
- 06:49 Christians caught up in Philippines' urban battle with Islamists
- 06:46 More tests needed to establish how man assaulted in Scraptoft pub...
- 06:44 John Leslie in talks for Celebrity Big Brother: ‘He now feels...
- 06:43 Spitfire on display at vintage day of fun and nostalgia
- 06:42 Man City confident of beating Manchester United to £38m star after...
- 06:41 Tesco opening hours for the May bank holiday – everything you need...
- 06:41 Manchester bombing inquiry spreads south with arrests in West Sussex
- 06:41 Family tribute to Elaine McIver – the ‘glue that held us all together’
- 06:41 Ikea opening hours for the May bank holiday – everything you need...
- 06:41 Tributes to Kelly Brewster who heroically shielded her sister...
- 06:40 Bank Holiday Monday opening times in Nottingham for Tesco, Asda,...
- 06:40 The Red Bar in Mansfield given low food hygiene rating - but...
- 06:40 Man caught doing online banking while driving on M5 near Birmingham
- 06:40 How £2.20 fare ended up costing these tram travellers hundreds of...
- 06:40 Hi tech biz will go ahead in Brum- after ANT colony is moved
- 06:40 Notts mother conned out of £10,000 by online romance fraudster
- 06:40 Meet the 12-year-old who's raising money for 'Hucknall's princess'...
- 06:40 Eating chocolate ‘lowers risk of irregular heartbeat’
- 06:40 New project to support communities and record migrants’ experiences...
- 06:40 FOOD COLUMN: Summer itself in a tasty dish
- 06:36 Hedgehog casualties after early arrivals
- 06:36 Recent plans submitted to council
- 06:36 Islanders happy at poll result
- 06:36 Closures planned on two Alnwick streets this summer
- 06:36 A man’s world in Long Sutton shed
- 06:36 After Everest record Indian woman sets sights on unclimbed peaks
- 06:34 Flight delay predictions ahead of half-term bank holiday
- 06:33 Simon Mignolet: I had to move out of Liverpool because of the...