The sky's the limit: Power station driven by KITES will be set up in Scotland to cut the cost of energy
While wind has been used as an energy source for years, most turbines require huge machinery and high costs.
But one firm is finding a new way to use wind as an energy source, which they claim could halve the cost of offshore wind energy.
The renewable energy firm plans to create one of the world's first kite power stations in Scotland.
Scroll down for video
HOW DOES IT WORK? The station produces power via a pair of kites attached to two spool drums connected to electricity turbines.
As one kite rises up to a height of 2,461 feet (750 metres), it pulls a tether and then flies in a... read more
- 13:39 Village 'shocked' after shotgun blast leaves man in hospital
- 13:39 Mourners lined the street as 31-year-old scaffolder's coffin...
- 13:37 The vibrating smart umbrella that connects to your phone to warn...
- 13:37 Good news for M1 and M62 commuters in West Yorkshire
- 13:36 Unpaid benefits at record level
- 13:36 Andy Robertson says it is 'clear' Hull City need to make signings...
- 13:36 Poundworld phone chargers recalled over fire risk
- 13:33 Jurgen Klopp ‘angry’ at the thought of Liverpool losing to West Ham
- 13:33 Antonio Conte asked about those Alexis Sanchez to Chelsea rumours –...
- 13:33 Transfer Fee Comparison: Man Utd spent nearly three times as much...
- 13:32 Celebrity minder Ricky Hayden death: Man denies murder
- 13:31 Revealed: Harrogate Christmas shop window winners for 2016
- 13:31 Good news for M1 and M62 commuters in West Yorkshire
- 13:31 Review: Incredible success of 2016 Nidderdale Messiah
- 13:30 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte discusses January transfer plans
- 13:30 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho...
- 13:29 Extremely relatable squirrel gets stuck in a manhole cover thanks...
- 13:29 Maersk, Hyundai Merchant Marine alliance talks in doubt
- 13:29 Plans for Indian restaurant to be built on former site of popular...
- 13:29 South Yorkshire torture brothers granted lifelong anonymity
- 13:29 Manchester United new signings rated: Eric Bailly shining for Jose...
- 13:29 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp warns West Ham his side will be...
- 13:29 Bomb disposal team to carry out explosion in Walney
- 13:28 Tamworth Herald tracks down 'love lock' couple from Hockley
- 13:28 Arsenal star Alex Iwobi reveals Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez guidance
- 13:28 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte hails Diego Costa: He shows huge passion
- 13:26 Rainford schools honoured at education awards
- 13:26 Sex abuser vows to continue fight for justice after CPS decide not...
- 13:25 Developers rethink controversial access route for planned 100-home...
- 13:25 READER LETTER: Parking - New roads come at cost