The sky's the limit: Power station driven by KITES will be set up in Scotland to cut the cost of energy
While wind has been used as an energy source for years, most turbines require huge machinery and high costs.
But one firm is finding a new way to use wind as an energy source, which they claim could halve the cost of offshore wind energy.
The renewable energy firm plans to create one of the world's first kite power stations in Scotland.
Scroll down for video
HOW DOES IT WORK? The station produces power via a pair of kites attached to two spool drums connected to electricity turbines.
As one kite rises up to a height of 2,461 feet (750 metres), it pulls a tether and then flies in a... read more
- 09:19 Poorly puppy owner tries to raise £3,000 for treatment
- 09:19 GALLERY; ‘Core’ blimey - apple event near Skegness attracts 850
- 09:18 PCSO whose heart stopped has emotional reunion with medics who...
- 09:18 North East news LIVE: Major delays on the Metro network due to...
- 09:18 Stephen Robinson: Grab your chance to beat Rangers and reach League...
- 09:16 Journey from pit to paint factory
- 09:16 Two lanes closed on M1 due to overturned van
- 09:16 27-year-old man is in intensive care after hit-and-run
- 09:11 Paul Robinson: Louth Cattle Market is part of a ‘complicated jigsaw’
- 09:11 Woman tracks down her missing cat after uploading its photo to Tinder
- 09:10 Away form is blighting Birmingham City - five things we learned...
- 09:08 No slide tackles and no shouting from sidelines - 12 new youth...
- 09:07 Italy referendums: Lombardy and Veneto vote on greater autonomy
- 09:06 Robin Hood’s Bay dance school backs Whitby charity WHISH nets £200
- 09:05 Crimewatch: The Coventry crimes that have featured over the last 33...
- 09:05 Tottenham vs Liverpool: No Firmino, Mane, Dier or Dembele in our...
- 09:05 Volvo Ocean Race: What is it? When is it? How do you win?
- 09:05 Arsenal news LIVE updates: Wenger on retiring, double injury boost,...
- 09:05 Ronald Koeman fears he will be SACKED today if Everton lose to Arsenal
- 09:04 Doncaster Citizen's advice bureau concerns over Universal Credit
- 09:04 REGIONAL NEWS: Woman arrested after baby falls to death from...
- 09:04 Picnic area issues reported to police
- 09:02 Ripley hit-and-run latest - police quiz revellers over Audi A4
- 09:01 Tutbury granddad celebrates his 80th birthday - by getting a tattoo
- 09:00 Storm Brian in Liverpool - when will the bad weather stop?
- 09:00 CCTV proves crooked shopkeeper was lying about armed bandits...
- 09:00 Cops concerned for welfare of missing man last spotted in Aberdeen
- 08:59 Labour will team up with Tory rebels to demand Brexit changes
- 08:57 Zombie apocalypse at North Shields college
- 08:57 Tottenham vs Liverpool preview, TV channel, kick-off time, date,...