The simple trick that can improve your attention span by 5%: Playing a video game can boost brainpower (but you'll need to play for at least an hour)
While some view videogames as a waste of time, researchers have found that spending time in these virtual worlds can actually enhance your perception and attention skills.
People who play between one and five hours a week are able to process visual information five percent more accurately than those who don't play at all, finds a new study.
These findings suggest that those who play video games are faster and more efficient at processing rapidly-presented stimuli.
Scroll down for video
WHAT DID THE STUDY FIND? Nottingham Trent University asked 43 participants to perform observation tasks... read more
- 09:58 Whitehaven's Coach Road to close for £100,000 resurfacing
- 09:58 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses totally nude for £45...
- 09:58 Prisoner was harassed by ex after he was released from jail
- 09:58 Naked female & male cleaners wanted in Lincolnshire to clean houses...
- 09:58 Gmail phishing scam: Has your account been hacked in 'most...
- 09:57 1,000 tourists evacuated from package holiday destination amid unrest
- 09:57 Picture special: Horncastle Farmers have a ball to help charities
- 09:57 Bob Arum: Conor McGregor would be beaten up by a novice boxer
- 09:57 Woman, 29, assaulted at Doncaster beauty spot
- 09:56 'Who's that watching my telly' jilted partner yells through letterbox
- 09:56 Comedy star Mark Watson to headline at Melton Theatre for LOROS...
- 09:56 Man seriously injured after accident in Wolvey
- 09:56 Controversial holiday-let plan back on table
- 09:56 New WI group sets up in Grantham
- 09:55 Watchdog fines EE £2.7m for overcharging 40,000 mobile phone customers
- 09:55 Woman, 29, assaulted at Doncaster beauty spot
- 09:55 Warning after distraction burglaries in Skegness
- 09:54 Mine guide relives horror telling Princess Diana not to BOMB...
- 09:54 How is Edward Snowden linked to Chelsea Manning?
- 09:54 Donald Trump made LAUGHING STOCK at Davos by John Kerry in spiteful...
- 09:54 BREAKING: Strong earthquake strikes Rome measuring 5.4 magnitude
- 09:54 Ryder Cup 2018: European Tour send major warning to players overseas
- 09:53 1,000 tourists evacuated from package holiday destination amid unrest
- 09:52 VIDEO: Electricity pylon catches fire beside Yorkshire road
- 09:52 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 09:52 Paul Pogba names Manchester United transfer target as his hero
- 09:51 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses totally nude for £45...
- 09:51 Man asks club to bar his girlfriend’s dad so he can chat up...
- 09:51 District council out against private policing for Selston
- 09:51 YP Comment: The key to loneliness struggle