The siblings whose germs could KILL each other: Brother and sister with cystic fibrosis can't play together as their bugs could cause lung failure
These siblings just love to play together - but their mother has to keep them apart because sharing germs could kill them.
Faye, four, and Alfie, three, from Maldon, Essex, were both diagnosed with lung disease cystic fibrosis - which causes a build-up of mucus - shortly after birth.
This harbors bacteria which often causes recurring lung infections, meaning the pair have to take 45 tablets each every day to help clear their lungs.
Persistent bugs damage the lungs and can eventually lead to respiratory failure in sufferers - which can be fatal.
It leaves their mother Zoe Fuhr, 23, with no... read more
- 10:53 Liverpool and Spurs eye former Premier League striker: January deal...
- 10:51 Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil working together to get more money...
- 10:48 Thug left partner covered in bite marks, bruises and scratches...
- 10:48 More than 100 motorists caught speeding on the A50 - in just three...
- 10:47 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:44 LIVE: Brentford v Burton Albion build-up, Brewers search for first...
- 10:44 Pop stars send messages of condolence to Doncaster's Louis...
- 10:38 People are loving the story of 60-year-old Sue’s first ever...
- 10:38 Traffic warning due to A5 closure after lorry blaze
- 10:36 Defibrillator stolen from Market Drayton Football Club
- 10:34 Shop open for business after cash machine ripped from wall
- 10:34 Coyle pleased with Rovers’ good form
- 10:33 Firefighters battle car blaze as police launch investigation
- 10:33 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:33 Police launch investigation after thieves target a van
- 10:29 Hark the herald - it’s time for Carols by Candlelight
- 10:28 Lincoln City to face Nantwich Town in FA Trophy first round
- 10:26 Police launch investigation after thieves target a van
- 10:24 First drive: 2017 Nissan X-Trail
- 10:23 Suspected car bomb kills two policemen at checkpoint near Somali...
- 10:21 Boots For Buddies appeal will ensure football is open to everyone
- 10:19 Red Dog Saloon given ONE star food hygiene rating
- 10:19 West Bridgford Dramatic Society's A Christmas Carol: Review
- 10:19 Celebrations as Ethel turns 103 today
- 10:18 ‘Large number’ affected by burst water main in Boston area
- 10:15 Marco Verratti believes Real Madrid and Barcelona would struggle in...
- 10:15 Hundreds of fish found dead at Sunderland lake which suffered...
- 10:15 Sunderland Echo poll shows u-turn on Brexit
- 10:14 Readers call for concert venue or swimming pool to be built at...
- 10:13 U.S. boosts Syria anti-IS forces, urges Gulf military self-reliance