The science of hangovers (and why there’s no miracle cure)
A bacon roll. A cold shower. An industrial amount of Irn-Bru or Lucozade. Everyone has an opinion on what the ultimate ‘hangover cure’ is.
Whether or not a hangover can actually be cured is an age-old question – the answer to which seems to differ from person to person. But what about hangover prevention?
With help from dietitian and nutritionist, Dr Sarah Schenker, we separate the myths from the facts when it comes to the morning after a heavy night.
Biologically speaking, a hangover happens because your body is putting the breakdown of alcohol above everything else. This process prompts... read more
- 12:18 Bournemouth v Liverpool: LIVE Premier League scores and updates...
- 12:18 Pendle nursery ‘overjoyed’ with national award
- 12:18 Award winning band set to play in East Lancashire
- 12:18 I’m longing for the day my son can tell me he loves me
- 12:17 Awards for High School students
- 12:17 Mercedes to sign Nico Rosberg replacement before end of the year,...
- 12:17 Christmas fundraiser showcases work of Dementia Support South Lincs
- 12:14 Turns out Liverpool ARE playing in the Champions League
- 12:13 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 12:13 Ironville and Codnor Park Primary School is 'inadequate'
- 12:13 Shop hopes to win licence by not selling super-strength alcohol
- 12:12 Man Utd Transfer News: Shock double Everton swoop, £60m Real raid,...
- 12:10 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 12:10 Teen’s tragic death is stark reminder on why not to drink or drug...
- 12:08 Award winning band set to play in East Lancashire
- 12:07 Two-car collision causing delays on the A38
- 12:07 Halloween boosts profits for Alton Towers owner
- 12:07 Mum campaigns for traffic lights outside North Wingfield primary
- 12:06 Donation made to food bank is a timely boost before Christmas
- 12:06 Grantham Journal letter: Centre has failed spectacularly
- 12:04 Matt Palmer wants to back up stunning first goal of the season for...
- 12:04 Bournemouth vs Liverpool LIVE: Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino...
- 12:03 Fire at large Derbyshire building
- 12:03 Police cordon and forensics outside Nottingham's Pryzm nightclub
- 12:00 Bluebell Hospice needs you!
- 11:58 River Trent search after person goes overboard from vessel
- 11:56 Euan McColm: Dublin love-in keeps indyref2 hopes alive
- 11:56 Alcoholic family from Stoke-on-Trent costs taxpayers more than £1...
- 11:56 Cost of new footbridge between Aslackby and Graby branded ‘madness’
- 11:56 CCTV image released by police investigating graffiti incident at...