The science of hangovers (and why there’s no miracle cure)
A bacon roll. A cold shower. An industrial amount of Irn-Bru or Lucozade. Everyone has an opinion on what the ultimate ‘hangover cure’ is.
Whether or not a hangover can actually be cured is an age-old question – the answer to which seems to differ from person to person. But what about hangover prevention?
With help from dietitian and nutritionist, Dr Sarah Schenker, we separate the myths from the facts when it comes to the morning after a heavy night.
Biologically speaking, a hangover happens because your body is putting the breakdown of alcohol above everything else. This process prompts... read more
- 17:20 The Klitschkos of Doncaster: Gavin McDonnell bids to make history...
- 17:20 Claudio Ranieri is still smiling despite Leicester sacking as he...
- 17:20 Ancelotti: I don't usually agree with Man Utd boss Mourinho but he...
- 17:20 Uncovered: When Jose Mourinho called axed Leicester boss Claudio...
- 17:18 Funeral of Notts golf caddy to the stars to be held next month
- 17:18 10 city landlords fined nearly £30,000 as council cracks down
- 17:18 Emmerdale's Leah Bracknell left tearful as she says her cancer has...
- 17:18 Call The Midwife: FGM victim praises 'beautiful and sensitively...
- 17:18 Hundreds of jobs in doubt as Sainsbury's Stone warehouse to close
- 17:16 French jobless total rises marginally in January
- 17:16 SMTV: 7 things that MUST be in the anniversary special
- 17:15 Keith Wyness LIVE: Aston Villa CEO answers questions from supporters
- 17:15 Birmingham mum who killed her daughter allowed out into community
- 17:15 Warning as EXPLODING e-cigarette destroys bedroom at Black Country...
- 17:15 This Comic Relief trampoline sleepover is coming to Birmingham
- 17:15 See the dramatic moment a dog is rescued from sinkhole by firefighters
- 17:14 Jose Mourinho reacts to Manchester United Europa League draw with...
- 17:14 Lincolnshire pub given the 'all-clear' following rat claims
- 17:14 Boss praises firemen for saving his business from serious fire
- 17:14 Crunch! Watch as police seize and crush uninsured criminal's car
- 17:13 Air Cadets call for new members to join
- 17:12 Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- 17:12 Should 'catfishing' be made illegal?
- 17:11 INTERVIEW: John Shuttleworth
- 17:11 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:11 How the brush strokes used by Van Gogh and Seurat were pioneered...
- 17:10 Mourinho on Rooney's decision to stay at Manchester United
- 17:10 RGC must continue to learn lessons says coach Phil John
- 17:10 Running advice from a professional: Olympic champion Desiree Henry
- 17:10 Europa League team of the week: Which Manchester United star made...