The REAL reason sunbed users are more at risk of deadly skin cancer – they are less likely to wear suntan lotion even when they’re outdoors
People who use tanning beds are also less likely to protect themselves against skin cancer when they're outdoors, a new study has found.
Harmful UV radiation emitted from sunbeds has long been recognised as a cause of the most deadly skin cancer, melanoma.
In fact, the World Health Organisation has listed sunbeds as one of the most dangerous, cancer-causing habits, alongside smoking.
But the new study focuses on how sunbed users behave when they're exposed to the sun's rays.
Scientists at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine found those who used tanning beds - typically age 18 to 34... read more
- 18:13 Good turnout to Melton’s 2016 Fatstock Show
- 18:13 Strobe lighting provides a flicker of hope in the fight against...
- 18:08 Nottingham luxury handbag designer targets Selfridges with new brand
- 18:07 Manhunt sparked after convicted arsonist escapes from Sudbury prison
- 18:07 'Flashing light therapy' for Alzheimer's
- 18:06 Telford & Wrekin Council emergency meeting over A&E plans - updates
- 18:06 Tata commits to future in Port Talbot - saving 4,000 jobs
- 18:06 Chelsea legend: This is why Diego Costa is totally outperforming...
- 18:05 Here’s the moment an exhausted baby seal was found wadding a mile...
- 18:05 Tastes of the black stuff at Gosberton Winter Ale Festival
- 18:05 Burglars steal child’s quad bike from Moulton
- 18:04 Know your place, robots! Brain study from Google AI lab could help...
- 18:04 Incredible X-rays show how lithium-ion batteries explode: Gas...
- 18:04 Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund, UEFA Champions League LIVE: Follow...
- 18:04 Brendan Rodgers hoping respectable Champions League campaign...
- 18:04 UEFA Champions League scores: Tottenham v CSKA Moscow, Porto v...
- 18:03 Rape trial hears child 'did not make up evidence'
- 18:02 US STOCKS-Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- 18:02 Musk's SpaceX says rockets to remain grounded until January
- 17:59 Mansfield man faces drug dealing trial at crown court
- 17:58 City secondary school is "inadequate" says Ofsted
- 17:58 Edinburgh creatice agency launches Chrimojis pack
- 17:56 Four arrested on suspicion of intent to supply drugs in Sainsbury's...
- 17:53 Mansfield man faces drug dealing trial at crown court
- 17:53 Homeless man stole to buy food in Mansfield
- 17:53 Trainspotting 2 posters released
- 17:53 Five fantastic castles you can spend Christmas in
- 17:49 Digital Asset says blockchain platform allows confidential trades
- 17:49 Lincoln City left with blank weekend after FA Trophy tie is postponed
- 17:48 Strike action to hit Derby schools before Christmas