The pill is linked to depression – and doctors can no longer ignore it
A newly published study from the University of Copenhagen has confirmed a link between hormonal contraceptives and depression. The largest of its kind, with one million Danish women between the ages of 15 and 34 tracked for a total of 13 years, it’s the kind of study that women such as me, who have experienced the side-effects of birth control-induced depression first hand, have been waiting for.
Women taking pill more likely to be treated for depression, study finds Read more Researchers found that women taking the combined oral contraceptive were 23% more likely to be diagnosed with... read more
- 12:22 'There is no kosher meat': the Israelis full of zeal for going vegan
- 12:21 Liverpool transfer rumour: Reds linked with stunning approach for...
- 12:21 Donna’s epic ninth marathon is no small feat!
- 12:20 Alton Towers forced to close all rollercoasters on day of...
- 12:20 Boys rescued from Birnbeck Island cut off by tide
- 12:20 Machete attack in Manchester city centre bar
- 12:20 Schools and nurseries warned over scarlet fever rise
- 12:20 'Bored stiff' Paignton pensioner retires aged 91
- 12:20 Enfield murder: Man dies after being shot and stabbed
- 12:19 MAN WITH TWO DOGS: The shifting sands of time
- 12:19 Carlisle man recalls the very late, great genius of Sir Ken Dodd
- 12:17 Workington man stole scratchcards to cover payday loans
- 12:17 Alton Towers turn up the heat with brand new ride - our review
- 12:15 Six Nations 2018, Italy vs Scotland LIVE: Latest score and updates...
- 12:15 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Arabic singing workshop
- 12:15 Walney pupils delighted to get to work in transformed allotment space
- 12:15 Kids 'as young as 10' used by drug gangs in Lancashire
- 12:15 Simply the best B&B near Spilsby
- 12:15 Full cost of complaints against councillors in Copeland revealed
- 12:15 Inside home near Bradgate Park with Aga cooker, fitted dressing...
- 12:15 Jump park gets thumb up at last - in Ingoldmells
- 12:14 Dramatic rescue of ill passenger from cruise ship caught in stormy...
- 12:13 Virtual reality app highlights road safety
- 12:11 Early opening date for Chop House Bruntsfield
- 12:10 Nidderdale Voices: David Gomersall
- 12:10 Kids 'as young as 10' used by drug gangs in Lancashire
- 12:09 Liverpool target flattered by Real Madrid transfer talk
- 12:09 The 12 most annoying shirt numbers in the Premier League - starring...
- 12:09 Special health feature: Tackling chronic kidney disease in the East...
- 12:09 Fresh and bold show deserves first plaice