The persistent myth that Islam was banned in Angola
False reports that Angola has become the first country in the world to ban Islam have re-emerged. Clare Spencer asks if this is linked to the US presidential election.
"Muslims are super mad right now," writes Frank Lea in Freedom Daily.
"Angolan authorities to ban Islam, which they consider a cult, NOT a religion," continues the website Liberty Is Viral.
The story gives details of a mosque being knocked down in the Zango neighbourhood of Angola's capital, Luanda.
"They see what Muslims are doing to non-Muslims, particularly in Africa, and are taking steps to... read more
- 11:42 Youngsters warned to stay away from the railway tracks this half term
- 11:42 Warnings over heading a football after brain function study
- 11:41 Plans to stop operations at children's heart centre are...
- 11:41 CCTV shot released in Buxton building society robbery investigation
- 11:41 World health leaders urge junk food ads ban on TV shows appealing...
- 11:40 MP visits building society branch in Northampton town centre
- 11:40 Eye-witness to Northampton caravan blaze says he saw “purple...
- 11:39 New restaurant planned for Parr Street in Liverpool city centre
- 11:39 Get into the spirit of Halloween with local events
- 11:39 Step inside the Norris Green home that’s been turned into a haunted...
- 11:38 Man airlifted to hospital with head injury after fall in Rushden
- 11:38 Find out how many takeaways have taken over your high street
- 11:37 What will the weather be like for October half term?
- 11:37 Manchester United 'must remain mentally strong and keep going',...
- 11:37 Boy of 13 'drove BMW into a tree'
- 11:37 Arsenal stars enjoy jungle themed birthday celebrations following...
- 11:37 Party promising to overturn Brexit would beat Labour and UKIP in a...
- 11:37 Can YOU spot them all? Fiendishly tricky brainteaser contains 60...
- 11:37 Is the internet becoming unreadable? Trend for light fonts on dark...
- 11:37 Your dog probably dreams about you: Sleeping pooches think lovingly...
- 11:37 How do you treat very young sexual offenders?
- 11:36 Syrian refugees found working in factories supplying UK retailers
- 11:35 Are these the worst views in Britain?
- 11:35 South Cumbria youngsters given a lesson in life saving
- 11:35 Green-fingered Barrow youngsters grow pumpkin patch in school garden
- 11:35 11 ‘micro-crimes’ you’ve probably committed
- 11:34 Kelechi Iheanacho calls for 'focus' in order to improve Manchester...
- 11:34 By (St) George! This one's close to home...
- 11:34 Chelsea can win Premier League title, says Pedro
- 11:34 Where are the best places in Leicestershire to enjoy an autumnal walk?