The optician visiting the forgotten patients at home
More than a million people in England are eligible for a home eye test, yet fewer than half receive them. One optician has made it his mission to bring the service to the housebound in Huddersfield.
Joyce Armstrong was diagnosed with Parkinson's soon after celebrating her golden wedding anniversary.
She and her husband Allan led an active life, spending three months a year touring the UK by caravan. But over 10 years the condition has restricted Joyce's mobility and she is now largely confined to their home.
Her glasses are essential as she spends much of each day reading but the couple... read more
- 01:36 The Yorkshire Post says: The journey ahead - Transport key to...
- 01:26 More Car Share? 'Never say never', says Sian
- 01:23 Cars submerged in dramatic floods and homes left without water...
- 01:13 'Get help' plea from family of mum who took her own life
- 01:11 Turkey coup trial: Court to jail 104 ex-military for life
- 01:08 Rival captains make case to Fifa for Paolo Guerrero's World Cup...
- 01:05 Blind playoff of Stradivarius violins and new ones leaves old...
- 01:00 Moped crime: New rules to protect police pursuit drivers
- 00:51 College’s dementia cafe is to become a regular event
- 00:42 Pauline Hanson to oppose corporate tax cuts in fresh backflip
- 00:42 Meet Bon and Pon: the Japanese retirees making coordinated outfits...
- 00:40 Sudoku 4066 medium
- 00:36 Roadworks Round-up: Where you may face delays in the Hartlepool...
- 00:27 Marawi one year after the battle: a ghost town still haunted by...
- 00:20 MPs push for Myanmar regime to face international criminal court
- 00:20 Right to see Parole Board decisions comes into force
- 00:20 Benefit sanctions found to be ineffective and damaging
- 00:20 North Korea summit: Pence warns Kim Jong-un not to 'play Trump'
- 00:17 Barrow man arrested on suspicion of sex assault following visit...
- 00:17 Dolphins bully porpoises, researcher discovers
- 00:17 Six times as many new medical students from London as from north-east
- 00:17 Sex education given LGBT-inclusive overhaul in Wales
- 00:12 Who is to blame for 'self-driving car' deaths?
- 00:11 MoD faces £2.9bn nuclear funding gap, say auditors
- 00:11 South Korea's Moon heads for Trump talks to try to keep summit on...
- 00:09 Parents of girl, 3, killed by poorly sighted pensioner campaign for...
- 00:05 Could smartphones replace bank branches?
- 00:05 Fuel price rise threatens consumer spending
- 23:56 Century-old tumours could shed light on rare childhood cancers
- 23:54 De Blasio to NYPD: stop arresting New Yorkers smoking marijuana on...