The number of flights between the UK and China are to soar from 40 each way to 100 in new boost for 'global Britain' after Brexit
The number of flights between Britain and China are to more than double under a new deal struck in London today.
The current cap of 40 passengers flights each way is to be lifted to 100 and British airlines will now be able to plan routes to any Chinese airport - rather than just six today.
Cargo flights between Britain and China will now be unrestricted.
The Government hailed the new deal as a boost for 'Global Britain' as the UK begins the process of negotiating Brexit from the EU.
Transport Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This deal is a big moment for the UK. Strong connections with... read more
- 13:36 FMQs; Sturgeon slams Trump "red carpet" plans
- 13:35 Views of hearing aid users sought
- 13:35 The £20m gamble: ELDC to borrow cash to stave off funding crisis
- 13:35 UPDATE: 'No serious injuries' following crash on major South...
- 13:34 Ex-Store Twenty One market square shop set for new lease of life -...
- 13:34 Child among the injured as emergency services race to ANOTHER bus...
- 13:34 Live updates as 20 firefighters race to large fire at vehicle...
- 13:34 Charity walkers step out on the Bryson Line
- 13:34 Latest results from the courts
- 13:33 Arsenal transfer news: Lucas Torreira breaks silence over Gunners...
- 13:33 A thief who struck at a shopping centre has been locked-up and...
- 13:33 VIDEO: £5m retail development at the former Vesuvius factory site...
- 13:32 Ambulance crews get police award for work to try and save life of...
- 13:32 Man appears in court over murder of Rolandas Poskus after body...
- 13:32 Man charged with assault following death of Nuneaton man
- 13:31 The story behind Business Secretary's backing for Grimsby's...
- 13:31 VIDEO: £5m retail development at the former Vesuvius factory site...
- 13:31 Watch incredible moment traffic cops box in suspected criminals as...
- 13:31 Fightback dinner celebrates the youngest person in Scotland living...
- 13:31 New divides over oil prices as Opec heads for crunch meeting
- 13:29 Roads now open following serious collision near Northampton
- 13:29 Edinburgh’s Archangels syndicate takes top spot
- 13:29 Man City chief provides major update on Jorginho deal
- 13:29 Culture secretary urges BBC to appoint female Question Time host
- 13:29 Shamed MSP Mark McDonald 'should be suspended from Holyrood'
- 13:28 Mum's airing cupboard death 'devastated family'
- 13:28 Police car collides with bus in Newport, injuring 10
- 13:26 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur
- 13:25 Carlisle comes up trumps when it comes to clean air
- 13:25 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur