The number of drivers caught over the limit sees first increase in 10 years
Department for Transport figures show that 3,450 drivers failed roadside tests in 2015.
This is compared to 3,227 motorists who failed in 2014, a rise of 223 people.
Cumbria Constabulary have also reported a rise in the number of people failing or refusing to take roadside tests.
A summer drink-drive campaign by the force saw 327 drivers breathalysed by police, 136 of those administered were after a collision.
The campaign, which concluded in August, saw 13 percent of drivers fail - 43 drivers in total.
Police also revealed at out of these 43 failed tests, 18 were taken after a collision.... read more
- 06:38 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Shawcross hails...
- 06:38 Sleep rough for homeless
- 06:38 Drug service expands to Doncaster’s homeless
- 06:38 Improvement is needed for young people
- 06:38 Hartlepool United caretaker Sam Collins will have Pools ready for...
- 06:37 Man United deal eyed after national team warning: Club already in...
- 06:36 Allianz and Standard Chartered form bancassurance pact in Asia
- 06:34 Premier League stats: Who is the fastest attacker in the Premier...
- 06:33 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 06:32 Workers park van over three parking spaces at Morrisons
- 06:32 Spy-cam van patrols past school BEFORE parents break parking rules
- 06:32 Drivers say a complete ring road for Lincoln 'can't come soon enough'
- 06:31 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:31 Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism,...
- 06:28 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 06:28 ‘Drug den’ in Spalding town centre disabled loo
- 06:28 'Unsafe' care home in Leek threatened with closure if drastic...
- 06:28 New escape rooms to open in Hanley
- 06:28 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:28 MP’s calls for link road action falls on deaf ears
- 06:28 Jobless figures on rise in Fylde
- 06:28 Blackpool musicians urged to bid for aid
- 06:27 Derby news recap: The biggest stories in the last 24 hours
- 06:27 Tributes pour in for man who died after Derby Market Hall incident
- 06:26 Britain's 12 Brexit objectives - which are the most important?
- 06:26 Geordie Shore stars fuel rise in fake tans among men under 25
- 06:25 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:24 Petition calls for rail line to be re-opened
- 06:23 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:23 Man Utd January arrival on Jose Mourinho: I've always loved him......