The new wave of flexible working: good news for working parents
There is a new way of working which is gaining popularity in the UK, and it is great news for parents who want a credible and flexible career option. This emerging movement is commonly known as the 'gig economy'. Using online freelancing platforms like Jobstoday Freelance, companies of all sizes can outsource projects, or 'gigs', to highly skilled workers who work on them remotely. The gig economy is an ideal option for working parents because they can access opportunities that fit around their families.
The gig economy is growing rapidly. Data from Oxford University's Online Labour Index... read more
- 10:07 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 10:07 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:07 Who joins Harry Kane and Cesc Fabregas in the Premier League team...
- 10:07 New Mills pupils’ artwork helps to spread the word
- 10:07 Roy Keane backs Man United to make shock move for Prem star
- 10:07 Colleagues to host charity football match in memory of Peter
- 10:06 Wonderland review: A 'daring take on two literary classics'
- 10:06 WIN! Cirque du Soleil tickets
- 10:06 Opening date revealed for McDonald's in Matlock
- 10:06 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:05 Man City EDS sweating on Premier League Cup progress after draw vs...
- 10:05 Reading group: which Anthony Burgess book shall we read to mark his...
- 10:04 Broadchurch star Julie Hesmondhalgh blasts TV portrayal of sex attacks
- 10:04 Aston Villa: Steve Bruce's unwanted selection dilemma - predicted...
- 10:04 Birmingham City: This is why Leeds United boss Garry Monk won't be...
- 10:04 Jansen praises ‘colossal’ impact of striker Jack
- 10:04 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 10:04 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:04 St Johnstone’s cancelled day off was positive not punishment
- 10:04 Nando’s lovers rejoice, there’s a new sauce in town and it’s hotter...
- 10:03 Dear Justine Greening, whatever happened to ‘eradicating illiteracy’?
- 10:03 South Shields FC owner hopes for new £10million ground
- 10:03 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:03 Malaysia says North Korean firms linked to arms trade being...
- 10:01 Profit warning and apology to customers from group behind Southern...
- 10:01 Blackpool woman’s 20 years’ in business
- 10:01 Doctors' warning: Patients dying because our hospitals are 'jam-full'
- 10:01 Ten of Glasgow’s oldest buildings
- 10:01 Anger as one in six children miss out on secondary school places
- 10:01 How many players has each Premier League team used so far this season?