The new wave of flexible working: good news for working parents
1 Have your say There is a new way of working which is gaining popularity in the UK, and it is great news for parents who want a credible and flexible career option. This emerging movement is commonly known as the 'gig economy'. Using online freelancing platforms like Jobstoday Freelance, companies of all sizes can outsource projects, or 'gigs', to highly skilled workers who work on them remotely. The gig economy is an ideal option for working parents because they can access opportunities that fit around their families.
The gig economy is growing rapidly. Data from Oxford University's... read more
- 02:08 Brexit: Hammond rejects business calls for customs union
- 02:05 Mexico: brazen daylight shootout turns Guadalajara into war zone
- 02:01 Wayne Bennett to consider another club if Broncos replace him
- 01:53 Can English remain the 'world's favourite' language?
- 01:53 David Lammy: 'Hate mail won't scare or silence me'
- 01:53 London Ambulance Service taken out of special measures
- 01:53 Call for greater oversight of recommendations of public inquiries
- 01:50 Lauren Goodger appears to make thinly-veiled dig at former TOWIE...
- 01:46 Colombia conflict: Swapping the battlefield for the football pitch
- 01:36 Manchester united in love as city turns out to remember 22 victims...
- 01:34 Australia free trade deal talks to push for greater access to EU's...
- 01:31 UB40's Ali Campbell: 'We're still cool'
- 01:08 Are sweeteners healthier than sugar?
- 01:06 Stephanie Davis' return to Hollyoaks: Actress reads her new script...
- 01:06 Love Island bosses 'ban cigarettes in the villa and garden for 2018...
- 01:06 Penelope Cruz's lookalike sister Mónica flaunts her envy-inducing...
- 01:06 The Rolling Stones return to London for first show in five years as...
- 01:06 Georgia Toffolo looks pretty in flirty pink tweed dress as she...
- 01:06 Kendall Jenner and Hailey Baldwin's bubble bath fun: Models take...
- 01:06 David Walliams and Matt Lucas 'feud': Little Britain duo seen...
- 00:56 Customer choice under threat at Britain's banks
- 00:52 Brian Cox among backers of new Scottish campaign to halt Brexit
- 00:51 US to lift ban on baiting bears with doughnuts in Alaska
- 00:48 Call for action on UK's screenwriter gender inequality
- 00:48 Richard Gere to make TV return with role in BBC drama
- 00:48 Manchester United 'remains most valuable club in Europe'
- 00:48 Banks 'charging more' for overdrafts than payday lenders
- 00:48 US Congress passes partial Dodd-Frank rollback in move to...
- 00:45 Michael Gove attacks Philip Hammond over Brexit legislation defeats
- 00:45 UK threatens to name and shame state backers of cyber-attacks